This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Playing videos..

Playing videos..

Postby RapchikProgrammer » Jul 17, 2009 @ 8:47am

Hey i am developing a cross platform game that supports windows mobile and symbian.. now i need to play videos to show cutscenes in my game and as far as i know edge lib doesnt support it.. all i have found till now is that i should use direct draw, symbians CVideoPlayerUtility.. can you suggest a better way or any library that would help me with this.. and secondly how can i use the cvideoplayer class? It needs objects from the native app class and edgelib only gives a handle to its window and a native surface..
RapchikProgrammer
pm Member

Postby RapchikProgrammer » Jul 20, 2009 @ 4:45pm

Even if videos are not supported any other way you would suggest for playing animations except strips cause these are full screen animations which take 20-30mb in strips which is not viable for a mobile game.. i tried flash but anyway to load flash movies?
RapchikProgrammer
pm Member

Postby edge » Jul 27, 2009 @ 1:01pm

Hi,

For Symbian we recommend using the CVideoPlayerUtility class and for Windows Mobile DirectShow.

To get the CVideoPlayerUtility to work you can fetch the parameters you need from the following sources:
&RWsSession: CCoeEnv::Static()->WsSession() (can be called anywhere)
CWsScreenDevice: *CCoeEnv::Static()->ScreenDevice() (can be called anywhere)
&RWindow: GetWindowHandle() (can be called from within the EDGELIB framework)
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions