This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

iPhone Simulator 2.0 : Impossible to compile

iPhone Simulator 2.0 : Impossible to compile

Postby totoch » Sep 20, 2009 @ 10:32pm

Hello,
I've just acquired the full version of Edgelib, but I cannot even get to compile any of the samples given with the library for the iPhone Device or Simulator Target. I get the same error when I try to follow the tutorial "Getting started with Iphone".
Here is the error I get with the HelloWorld project or any other project : "error: There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphoneos2.0'".
I have installed the Edgelib libraries, the iPhone SDK (2.0 AND 3.0) and I am working with XCode under a MacBook if it can be of any help for you to answer me.
If I try to change the target from simulator 2.0 to simulator 3.0, I get library dependencies errors and it looks like no Edge library is recognized (evert Edge class is shown and warned as undefined). What can I do ?
Thank you for your help,
Totoch.
totoch
pm Member

Postby edge » Sep 24, 2009 @ 10:10am

Hi,

I think something went wrong with your installation. I recommend reinstalling the latest iPhone SDK and make sure to enable the option to install older iPhone SDK's (this option is in the installation program).

The EDGELIB linking errors are probably caused by using a device library for the iPhone simulator or vice versa.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby totoch » Sep 29, 2009 @ 7:29am

Hi Edge,
Thanks for the quick reply, by the time I figured out a way to make it work.
Now, very strangely (i though it would be easier), i'm trying to get the Helloword sample for desktop (on visual studio 2005) to work... following the Getting Started tutorial, and it's just impossible.
I get numerous errors (like... 85 errors), all saying this kind of stuff :
- 1>c:\edgelib\include\edgerender/erdr_default.h(13) : error C2065: 'NULL' : identificateur non déclaré
1>c:\edgelib\include\edgerender/erdr_default.h(47) : error C2653: 'ClassEMemory' : n'est pas un nom de classe ni d'espace de noms
1>c:\edgelib\include\edgerender/erdr_default.h(47) : error C3861: 'Copy' : identificateur introuvable
1>c:\edgelib\include\edgerender/erdr_default.h(88) : error C2653: 'ClassEMemory' : n'est pas un nom de classe ni d'espace de noms
1>c:\edgelib\include\edgerender/erdr_default.h(88) : error C3861: 'Copy' : identificateur introuvable

I don't understand. I downloaded the Platform SDK, and made all the include/lib links to the platform sdk and to the edgelib.... Any clue ?
Oh, and by the way, even when I try to run the sample directly from the samples/ directory (without creating my own project as shown in the Getting Started tutorial), it doesn't work either... I really don't have a clue. Here is the BuildLog attached to my post.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Attachments
BuildLog.txt
build log
(24.66 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
totoch
pm Member

Postby totoch » Sep 30, 2009 @ 2:02am

It's kinda urgent.... thanks! :)
totoch
pm Member

Postby edge » Sep 30, 2009 @ 11:17am

Hi,

It seems that you're not including edge.h or edgemain.h properly. Please make sure the source file containing EdgeMain() includes edgemain.h, and the other source files include edge.h.

Also, don't include edgerender or gldummy header files directly.

We're going to re-check the tutorial and update if necessary.
edge
pm Member

Postby totoch » Sep 30, 2009 @ 5:04pm

Hi Edge,
I can confirm you the right includes have been made (without adding edgerender, etc.) in the project settings. Also, the right includes have been made in the source code "edgemain.h" in helloworld.cpp and I just added "edge.h" in main.h (i guess that's what you meant by "the other sources"). The problem is : i still get the exact same compilation errors.
In addition, please remember I've not been only trying the tutorial but also the Helloworld/ sample given with the EdgeLib library (which contains a Visual Studio solution with all the "right" project settings and the "right" code). Both give me the same compilation errors.
If you take a look at the file I have been attaching to my previous post, you will notice that many of the errors occur from edgemain.h ... so that means the file is in fact included. It's just that it doesn't recognize ClassEDisplay, etc... Looking at my attachment (buildlog.txt) will clarify things I think.
Thank you very much.
totoch
pm Member

Postby totoch » Oct 2, 2009 @ 7:03am

I just remind you that this is urgent.
Is 4-5 days really, seriously, the average delay for every answer ?

Thank you.
totoch
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 2, 2009 @ 7:56am

edge
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 2, 2009 @ 11:32am

Dear Totoch,

In addition to Johan's comment, I would like to remind you that we provide feedback in this public forum as a free of charge service to the community. If you have urgent requests, I advise you to get a support contract in place. Please contact us at info [at] edgelib [dot] com for more information.

Wouter
edge
pm Member

Postby totoch » Oct 5, 2009 @ 1:50pm

I take note of that. Sorry if I've been hard.
Well, here is, as requested, the code. I just remind you that I tried two ways and had therefore two projects/codes (the one following the tutorial and the one directly from the Helloworld Sample that is delivered with the edgelib). I get the same errors for both. It looks like the right things are included.
It is mainly ClassEMemory, ClassEDisplay, and the NULL identifier that return errors... maybe it's a lead to follow.
Once again, thank you.
Totoch
Attachments
resource.h
(457 Bytes) Downloaded 686 times
main.h
(7.47 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
helloworld.cpp
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
totoch
pm Member

Postby totoch » Oct 5, 2009 @ 2:27pm

Problem resolved. The installation was corrupted (sic!) and had to be reinstalled.
Thanks anyways.
totoch
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 7, 2009 @ 5:23pm

edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions