This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

symbian issue

symbian issue

Postby RapchikProgrammer » Oct 14, 2009 @ 4:49pm

Another question i had which i thought i should add here, is that in symbian i am blitting my background images once in the beginning.. than making the edwin control and handling on key events using on native event.. but there are two problems, firstly it doesnt recieve up and down arrow key events, just left and right keys.. and secondly if i open the symbols menu pressing star and close it then as the background isnt being refreshed the part of the background that the symbols screen gets over remains black.. is there any callback to tell me that the screen needs to refresh or something so that i can flip again?
RapchikProgrammer
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 15, 2009 @ 1:32pm

Hi,

The key problem could be caused by the focussed control only accepting left/right keys.

Can you tell me if the key events are handled by EDGELIB properly when creating a helloworld application?

At first glance, there doesn't seem to be a 'repaint' event for Symbian. What happens if you keep flipping the display while the overlaying control is active?
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby RapchikProgrammer » Oct 16, 2009 @ 8:04am

Im getting flickering if i constantly update.. And the focus is on the edwin thats why i think the up and down keys are not registering.. any way you can think of to get control of the up and down keys? otherwise how is the user supposed to accept or cancel data? I mean the green dial or ok key can go for accept key, but the 'c' button is used to erase text and the red dial will close the application so how to have a cancel option?
RapchikProgrammer
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 19, 2009 @ 8:21am

Hi,

We recommend checking out some Symbian events in OnNativeEvent and see if they are triggered.

Events that might help are:
EEventKey/EEventKeyUp/EEventKeyDown (check them all and see if some events receive more keys)
EEventFocusLost/EEventFocusGained (could be used for redrawing the window)
EEventWindowVisibilityChanged (request this event with RWindowTreeNode::EnableVisibilityChangeEvents(), according to the Symbian documentation)

If everything else fails, I'm afraid that creating your own control manually is the only option.
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions