This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

OpenGL ES issues

OpenGL ES issues

Postby pinhassi » Oct 21, 2009 @ 2:12pm

pinhassi
pm Member

Postby kuroneko » Oct 22, 2009 @ 1:13am

OpenGLES and OpenGL are slightly different. While the former is based on the latter they don't share all functionality. The OpenGLES version of glReadPixels mandates GL_RGBA format and an implementation specific format which can be obtained through glGetInteger with argument GL_IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_FORMAT_OES. Nothing else.

From your description it looks like glReadPixels failed (GL_RGB not supported -> undefined buffer content, just check glGetError response). I can't say off the top of my head what the usual implementation response to the extra format is. I suggest you find out or stick with GL_RGBA.

See also

Also, why do you decrement width and height by 1 for reading? You don't specify a coordinate but dimensions, unless you have a specific reason to do so :)
kuroneko
pm Member

Postby pinhassi » Oct 22, 2009 @ 1:58pm

pinhassi
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 23, 2009 @ 8:26am

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions