This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Loading sound from epk file

Postby bcj » Oct 28, 2009 @ 10:36am

hi ,
can any body give me the procedure that how to load the sound files from the epk file , and i have to play that sound file. ..

ie how to open and play the sound file , which is placed in an epk file.

thanks in advance .
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby edge » Oct 29, 2009 @ 9:48am

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby bcj » Oct 29, 2009 @ 3:59pm

hai EDGE,

thanks for your reply ...
i tried it , but i can't get sound effect. presently
i am trying to add sound to your Blaster game.
for that i your given code in OnInit() method of main.h . but i can't get the sound effect.

i don't know the reason why this happend.

give me the step by step procedure to add sound effect to Blaster code , the sound files should be taken from that epk file(gfx.epk).

and i want the dll files (hss.dll) should also be in that epk file .

is it right thing that adding .dll file to epk file..?give me reply

is any type of sound files can be added to epk file .?

waiting for your reply...

bcj
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby RapchikProgrammer » Oct 29, 2009 @ 6:50pm

add dlls with the exe not the in the epk.. and the epk can have any type of file, sound effect or not sound effect.. but files that you load yourself in the application like images, text(data), sounds.. setup the dll and search for hekuks + edgelib tutorial there is one application made with hekkus + edgelib as an example..
just rememeber that it is important to define #define ESOUND_HEKKUS in the beginning of the cpp file..
RapchikProgrammer
pm Member

Postby bcj » Nov 2, 2009 @ 7:46pm

hi...
Thanks for our replies.
i got the sound playing from epk file, but my problem is is the sound playing code is to be written only in OnInit() method or it can be written in any where..?

i got sound ,with code written in OnInit() , but i put same code in OnNextFrame() but sound is not continuously coming...can you give me the reason.

in my Sprite Game i want to play different sounds , based on selection of sprite style. and has to provide sound on/off functionality... so where can i wrote that sound plying code .
and give me the way how can i get that.

you can take Blaster as example and give me the way how to add sound to Blaster game ... which can play different sound for each level...

please give me solution , and if possible give me some help code for that.
waiting for reply..
thanks in Advance
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby bcj » Nov 5, 2009 @ 8:50am

hi...

i got the solution of loading sound from epk file , and can change different sounds dynamically .

but , i am able to play only .mod type sound files with Hekkus . can you give me the reason for that ?

i tried with .mod , .mp3,.wav ,.mid sound files . but i got sound only from .mod format . for other formats it's silent and not giving any error.

Did i miss something or , have to do some other coding...to play all sound formats.

Is Hekkus support all types of sound formats or only .mod file ?

if yes .. how can i play different formats of all sound files like .mp3,.wav,.mid....etc files .

please give me the solution for that. if possible give me the sample code that how to play all types of sound files .

Thanks in advance ...

waiting for reply...
bcj
bcj
pm Member

Postby edge » Nov 5, 2009 @ 9:26am

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions