This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Mix 2D and 3D

Mix 2D and 3D

Postby oliverh » Mar 6, 2010 @ 1:45pm

Hi Edgelib team!

I am new to Edgelib and can't find a solution for the following problem. I am trying to mix 2D graphics for menus and 3D graphics for the game. Pretty much like mixing the blastar and turtle example. I tried to first draw menu items (text, etc) to a background image, then upload the texture and display it using display->Perspective2D and display->BltFast which worked out but is very slow, so effects like flashing text (blastar) don't make sense. As an alternative to 2D menu text handling I tried to use the display->DrawFont in 3D but in contrast to 2D there doesn't seem to be a possibility to change text properties like color.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
oliverh
pm Member

Postby edge » Mar 12, 2010 @ 7:13pm

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Postby oliverh » Mar 14, 2010 @ 12:32pm

Hi Edge,

thanks for your answer. Text colors now work perfectly. One more question about setting the display orientation. config->orientation = DOR_LANDSCAPE works using the edgelib renderer. Using OpenGL orientation is always PORTRAIT on the device. How can I switch in OpenGL?

Thanks,
Olli
oliverh
pm Member

Postby edge » Mar 15, 2010 @ 7:40pm

EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions