This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

What is used for Win32 desktop apps

What is used for Win32 desktop apps

Postby ElSeeker » Nov 26, 2006 @ 10:44pm

In looking at what the DLL links to it does not seem to use DirectX. Is that the case? If so then I am guessing this is not a good solution for desktop + mobile game development?
ElSeeker
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Nov 26, 2006 @ 11:08pm

If you're using Dependency Viewer then that just shows what the DLL statically links to. It is probably loading the libraries dynamically ().

5000th post. :P

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby ElSeeker » Nov 26, 2006 @ 11:16pm

I doubt they would use LoadLibrary() to get access to all of the DX calls - not really the standard way of loading up DX.

Also, I saw that it was directly linking with GDI32 which makes me think it is using the normal windows blitting stuff?

Either way it would be nice to know for sure since I am looking at it for both desktop and mobile development.
ElSeeker
pm Member

Postby Sergio » Nov 26, 2006 @ 11:54pm

Currently, GledPlay is not using DX in Desktop PC. It can use some DX stuff in mobile devices, but it's loaded dynamically, only if it's available in the device (newest devices).
In desktop, GDI is used only for the last back buffer flip (only a BltFast call per frame). All other graphics functionality is implemented by GledPlay, and that's quite faster than GDI (because it is not "Device independent" as GDI, and we work we our own surface model).
I suggest you to give it a try. You may find what you are looking for. If not, please let us know why, we could use that feedback to make it better.

Best regards,
Sergio.
Last edited by Sergio on Nov 27, 2006 @ 12:25am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergio Fierens

Sergio
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Nov 27, 2006 @ 12:06am

Dan East
Site Admin

Return to GledPlay

Sort

Forum Description

Game Engine for Embedded Devices. Simple, complete, and powerful. Focused on the game.

Moderators:

Matias, Sergio

Forum permissions