This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Possible bug ?

Possible bug ?

Postby Nikster » Dec 6, 2006 @ 11:06am

Although this was buggy mistake on my part it did make for a potential bug maybe.

I set the screen width and height to 320x240 rather than the standard 240x320, I also had an 8bit PNG which I used to blit onto the back surface, worked fine on PC, but because I forgot to put the RotateCW 90 setting in, the texture screwed up, it looked like it was drawing bands. this was fixed when the Rotate options was set for the screen, but I'd thought I'd give you the heads up just incase it might be a bug :)

Regards,

Nik.

PS:- how would one deal with toggling between landscape and normal mode ? I just tested my app on a xda mini-s and when you pull out the keyboard and pop it back it will toggle between landscape mode, is there a way to keep gled from changing the rotation given the OS mode ?
Nikster
pm Member

Postby Nikster » Dec 6, 2006 @ 3:37pm

I also noticed on the same phone, the app didn't minimize when an incoming call was happening, it did when an SMS was received though.
Nikster
pm Member

Postby Sergio » Dec 6, 2006 @ 4:39pm

Hi Nikster,

First of all, thank you for the heads up, we'll check and work on this.
Generally, if you forgot to set the Rotate90CW option, you'll obtain a 240x320 backbuffer. If you are writing directly on the surface, everything that's out of that area (even a single pixel out of that area) won't be written at all. If you are using a Panel, then clipping is performed (you'll see just the part that was inside the backbuffer area). Is this the behavior you are seeing in your app?

About the XDA Mini S: Are you telling me that the screen is rotated when you pull out the keyboard even inside a GledPlay app? That's strange, because GledPlay implements it's own rotating routing, independent from the OS screen layout. If you can confirm me this, then we'll work on this too.
(BTW: In next release we'll be adding the ability of changing display orientation on real time).

About minimizing on incoming calls, you are right. That's a known issue for us. We are working on that too: Minimizing in incoming calls and low battery level msg.

Thank you very much for all your feedback. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with these issues fixed.

Best regards,
Sergio.
Sergio Fierens

Sergio
pm Member

Postby Nikster » Dec 6, 2006 @ 7:46pm

Hi Sergio, thanks for the reply.

On the first issue, I'd expect it to either clip or not draw at all depending whether it was done within a panel etc, however, this is a photgraphic image and the behaviour is that it draws the image using two colows, like an alternate between black and pink 4 pixel wide columns.

The second issue re mini-s,

My app uses the rotate so you run the program with the keyboard closed it works fine, when I drag the keyboard out, it's like the app minimizes and the OS screen is now in landscape mode as you'd expect, when I run the program again it will run with no graphics drawn and with the image rotated 90 degrees, as if the canvas was upside when the phone is in normal mode.

Which brings me to another thing which I've just seen when sliding the keyboard in and out :D if the screen minimizes and I go to file explorer to run the app again, should this just maximize ? I assume it's using some form of mutex or however PPC handles running an application only once because there's only one instance of the program in memory, however, when the program is running again, it's almost like it calls init again, as the game state is like it is when you first run the game without all these keyboard sliding stuff.

Sorry for the long post :) I'll try to get more info when I know what's exactly happening.

Regards,

Nik
Nikster
pm Member

Postby Sergio » Dec 7, 2006 @ 1:08pm

Sergio Fierens

Sergio
pm Member

Return to GledPlay

Sort

Forum Description

Game Engine for Embedded Devices. Simple, complete, and powerful. Focused on the game.

Moderators:

Matias, Sergio

Forum permissions