This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Having hang up in different situations

Having hang up in different situations

Postby Nomad » Jan 23, 2007 @ 12:23pm

Hi all!

Firstly I want to thank developers for their work. You're doing a nice job!

And want to tell you that I have a trouble. I develop one quite simple game. All are grate but sometimes in the Windows Mobile version (not PC) the game hangs up. It may hang in Menu event handler or in Game event handler, so I think it is not mine bug, because code of Menu handler is very-very simple.

And when I run program in debug mode and press pause during hang my Visual Studio tells me that it has no C++ code to show only disassembled code, "call stack" is also undefined - because no debug information available.

I will do further research on this problem (try on different PocketPCs or without sound output) and write down.

Early I think that the problem occures when warning of low battery power comes out, but it hangs not only in this situation.

Now I want to ask, can you advice me how can I locate the problem or help you to locate it and has somebody already such situation with mystic hangs in library?

Best regards, Nomad.
Nomad
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Jan 23, 2007 @ 3:05pm

Regarding the debugging, if your application is Sleeping when you break then execution will be in some other thread. Look in the threads window in the debugger and try other threads.

Instead of hitting pause it is usually better to add a break somewhere in your main loop.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby summer_goth » Jan 24, 2007 @ 8:01am

summer_goth
pm Member

Postby Nomad » Jan 24, 2007 @ 9:10am

Nomad
pm Member

Postby Nomad » Jan 24, 2007 @ 4:46pm

Have tried just now to run game on Dell Exim X5, and also after maybe 20 minutes of playing game nevertheless went into deep hang, only backround music of it was playing. All as usual :(
Nomad
pm Member

Postby Nomad » Jan 26, 2007 @ 7:20pm

Nomad
pm Member

Postby summer_goth » Mar 6, 2007 @ 10:27am

Even just the sample hangs that comes with GledPlay. Has anyone found a fix for this. It seems to just hang on my actual PocketPC 2003 device.

Please tell me that there's a fix for this.
summer_goth
pm Member

Postby Ryumaster » Mar 6, 2007 @ 1:37pm

Sounds very BAD. Is there is no fix, and no one gonna work on GledPlay anymore, all my project just gonna... wellm have the hard times:)
I love postindustrial life.
Ryumaster
pm Member

Postby summer_goth » Mar 6, 2007 @ 1:43pm

It's horrible. I honestly don't know what to do now. I'm checking out the older versions of GledPlay until I can find one which is stable.

I hope there is a version that is stable. I don't care about extra features. I just want a stable version that won't hang.

It will take too long to change to a different library. And if I change to either Edge or Gapidraw then I won't know how to do the videos. With PocketFrog there just isn't any real support.

This is really terrible.
summer_goth
pm Member

Postby Ryumaster » Mar 6, 2007 @ 2:38pm

Yeah, I feel the same way. GledPlay is very very handy with sound and video support with all those codesc and easy use... Switching to another libray is a real pain.
Ryumaster
pm Member

Postby summer_goth » Mar 6, 2007 @ 2:41pm

So what do you think you'll do now?

Do you think that they'll eventually release the source code for GledPlay?
summer_goth
pm Member

Postby Ryumaster » Mar 6, 2007 @ 5:22pm

I'm continuing on coding right now, hoping that this bug with hang up gonna be fixed, my game is very huge so if nothing goes right in a month, I'll be forced to switch to another library.
As far as I feel now, it IS the dead end.
Ryumaster
pm Member

Return to GledPlay

Sort

Forum Description

Game Engine for Embedded Devices. Simple, complete, and powerful. Focused on the game.

Moderators:

Matias, Sergio

Forum permissions