This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problem with WM2005 project under VS2005

Problem with WM2005 project under VS2005

Postby damientrue » Apr 30, 2009 @ 1:57pm

I couldn't use GledPlay under VS2005 (for WM2005, not for PC).

I create new project for smartdevice (Win32 smartdevice project) with WM2005 SDK,
add ..\gledplay\release\include to include path,
add ..\gledplay\release\dll\evc4-pocketpc2003 to lib patch
and gledplay.lib to "addidtional dependencies" in VS2005 project.
Project is very simple - its just single state example from http://wiki.jadeferret.com/Single_state ... ource_code

But when I try to build project I got this errors:
Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: long __cdecl Panel::drawText(long,long,class Font *,unsigned long,wchar_t const *)" (__imp_?drawText@Panel@@QAAJJJPAVFont@@KPB_W@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual long __cdecl MainHandler::onNextFrame(class Surface *,class Panel *)" (?onNextFrame@MainHandler@@UAAJPAVSurface@@PAVPanel@@@Z) MainHandler.obj

Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual long __cdecl Application::setError(wchar_t const *)" (?setError@Application@@UAAJPB_W@Z) TestApplication.obj

Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual wchar_t * __cdecl Application::getLastError(void)" (?getLastError@Application@@UAAPA_WXZ) TestApplication.obj

Error 4 fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK
damientrue
pm Member

Re: Problem with WM2005 project under VS2005

Postby damientrue » Apr 30, 2009 @ 11:42pm

Problem solved.
I rebuild GledPlay .lib and .dll for PocketPC/WM target under VS2005 and now all work properly.

Version built under EVC4 (gledplay\release\dll\evc4-pocketpc2003) not work in VS2005.
damientrue
pm Member

Postby Sergio » May 1, 2009 @ 11:30am

I think the problem may be related to Unicode. Is Unicode support enabled in your project settings in VS? (I think it is enabled by default in VS 2005/2008).
In roder to link with the lib compiled with eVC4, you need to disable Unicode.

Great to hear that you solve it, anyway.

Cheers,
Sergio.
Sergio Fierens

Sergio
pm Member

Return to GledPlay

Sort

Forum Description

Game Engine for Embedded Devices. Simple, complete, and powerful. Focused on the game.

Moderators:

Matias, Sergio

Forum permissions