This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Quake on Jornada Pocket PC?

Quake on Jornada Pocket PC?

Postby Ed » Jan 24, 2001 @ 4:12pm

It was great to hear that Quake was available for the Pocket PC!  Is there any possibility of putting it on the Jornada?  That would be very cool!<br><br>Regards,<br>Ed<br>
Ed

Re: Quake on Jornada Pocket PC?

Postby villian » Jan 24, 2001 @ 5:27pm

considering the prossesor on the 540 series, no.  but if you want doom for the joranda 54x email me at villian14@hotmail.com.
villian

Re: Doom on Jornada Pocket PC?

Postby Clint Ward » Feb 3, 2001 @ 7:36pm

I'm very interested in the version of Doom that you have for the Jornada 54x series can you please email me the download or link? Thanks.
Clint Ward

Postby Mark (KILzt) » Feb 4, 2001 @ 6:44am

If you want Quake on the Jordan then wait for their 412Mhz StrongARM model, according to rumour they plan to undercut the others by using it before them.<br><br>Current model SH4 CPUs just aren't good enough.
Mark (KILzt)

Postby Moose or Chuck » Feb 4, 2001 @ 8:27am

Ugh... What's the underlying reason why I can play Quake on my 486/66 but not on my 133 MHz pocket PC? What's wrong with the workings of the processor? Or is the OS not old (for lack of a better word) enough?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Mark Rejhon » Feb 5, 2001 @ 7:03am

The math units on lightweight low-power CPU's are slower than desktop CPU's.  That's why.<br><br>However, Dan is rewriting PocketQuake to use integer math (gasp! I feel for him...)  So it should perform much better.  Perhaps on a Mhz-for-Mhz basis, the PocketPC will now be just as fast as a desktop.  Who knows.  We'll see.
Mark Rejhon

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions