This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Z-malloc info

Z-malloc info

Postby W0mp » Feb 12, 2004 @ 4:03am

Hey guys. I've been running into the Pocket Quake 2 "z-malloc failed to load xxxx bytes" error quite a bit. I have an HP h1945 with 512mb memory card & 30-35 mb free ram, and I run PQ2 in the smallest screen size. When I have sound set to "high" and restart the game, I hear sound and the demo runs, but I get the z-malloc error only when I try to load/start a new game. If I turn the sound back to "low", quit, and start up again, I don't hear sound but everything works fine and I can start a game or load a saved game (and then go to options and turn sound to "high" quality and hear the game). If I don't set the sound quality to low before I quit, I get the z-malloc error when I try to load a game again. Turning my PDA on/off has no effect and neither do soft resets. It sounds like its a bug, but I didn't find anyone else with the same problem in the forums.
W0mp

Postby user » Jun 14, 2005 @ 8:09am

user

Postby Caesar » Jun 14, 2005 @ 12:39pm

Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions