This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A Jornada 720 version using the new GAPI

Re: A Jornada 720 version using the new GAPI

Postby Trarman » Jun 20, 2001 @ 8:27pm

I've taken note_prj.lib and projects.h out, as I'm not using the Flash Card for quake anyway and I had to steal these files from the POCKTSDK.<br><br>I'm playing around, here's a screenshot of what I get.  If anything comes to mind, please feel free to share.<br><br>
Trarman

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 9:09am

You could remove that skin, it's useless for HPC owners. It looks like PQ isn't reading the pixels, but is posting blank pixels to the screen. odd
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Jun 21, 2001 @ 11:27am

Are you seeing anything appear on the screen, or does it stay blank? If you want to send me the vid_ppc and sys_win files I can take a look at them if you're stuck.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Jun 21, 2001 @ 12:34pm

I can't believe my eyes, The sight of Pocket Quake on a 720 is beautiful.  I think it's bringing tears to my eyes.  By the way, Moose, who has critisized 720 owners for not taking the time to learn how to program, is a loser.  I can program in C++ quite well.  The problem for me is the lack of information of programing for the 720.  I have been teaching myself, and have come quite far.  I have also looked at the source, but what does that prove.  Anyone can open up some sorce code a couple of times.  You don't even have to have the knoweldge of what program it requires, windows does that for you.  I have tried to recompile it, but I kept getting an error about the "a..." library used on pocket pc's, and I didn't know how to fix it untill reciently (from the post on this board).  An like a person who is not helpless I just kept experimenting instead of whining about a quick solution.  Only the helpless denote others as helpless.  Judging by the amount of posts you have, you must be the most helpless of all of us.  Sorry if this post offends other people, I just do not feel that it is right for someone to post bad comments on a thread that was started by a 720 user for "answers" about a 720 problem.  I didn't ask for crude remarks.
Rob

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 2:44pm

cool, i'm glad h/pc's finaally get to  play our game :) let me know what you get for speed :)<br><br>(Not Nice Chucky)Last modification: 999 - 06/21/01 at 11:44:08
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Jun 21, 2001 @ 2:48pm

Is the note_prj.dll file on the H/PC pro devices? Support for CF cards is really a necessity due to the large size of Quake data files. It is also language-specific, and on some devices, like the NEC MobilePro HPC/Pro, a CF memory card is referred to as "Storage Card 2" (PCMCIA storage cards are just "Storage Card").<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby 999 » Jun 21, 2001 @ 2:49pm

Rob,<br><br>Thanks for laying it down for all the 720 owners out there.<br><br>I admit, our little niche group of deviants here have given 720 owners a hard time whenever the "Will it work on XXX" question pops up.<br><br>Moose's brand of writing comes in the form of "Tough Love", and is meant to "inspire" in some twisted french way. In any case, his musings are never meant to offend.<br><br>I guess what's left now is to sit back, cross our fingers, and hope we can welcome a new device and batch of users to our little PQ Community...<br>
pm Member

Postby k-deep » Jun 21, 2001 @ 2:52pm

thanks, rob, as a jornada 690 user, i agree.<br><br>less flames,<br>more c++.
k-deep

Postby John Lomax » Jun 21, 2001 @ 3:05pm

Dan:<br><br>Just checked on my Jornada 720, and yes it has the note_prj.dll. (date of file 29/06/00)<br><br>My compact flash card is "Storage card"<br>and with a pcmcia card in also as "Storage card 2"<br><br>Hope it helps.<br><br>John
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Trarman » Jun 21, 2001 @ 3:20pm

Hey Dan,<br><br>I know for a fact that note_prj is not in the SDK for HPC2000, but only mostly sure it's not in the HPC Pro 2.11 SDK.  It also does not appear as a dll on the device.  I don't know how we'll enumerate the compact flash cards without it.. but given the sad number of things MS leaves out of different SDKs it's not surprising this was missed.  I've been able to fit the giant pak file into internal ram, so once it works there, CF cards will be the next thing to fix.<br><br>What you don't see in the screen shot I posted earlier is that the "Starting Quake" window shows up dead center of the screen upon loading.  Moments later it goes away and the about box describing the PocketPC port done by you, skins by 999, etc, is displayed.<br><br>Close the dialog window and then you wait a while and can hear the demo running.  It was at this point that I took the screen shot.<br><br>How do I change the skin for half-vga?  The original Quake skin would be perfect, and run at resolution of 320x200.<br><br>I haven't touched vid_ppc or sys_win yet.  I was looking at them last night but didn't try changing anything.<br><br>Thanks for your support in this effort!
Trarman

Postby Trarman » Jun 21, 2001 @ 3:25pm

Oh!  I stand corrected.  note_prj.dll *IS* on the Jornada 720.  (I had done a "dir note_prj.dll /s" from the root dir and didn't find it)<br><br>Well, that's cool.  I can put those CF card lines back in.
Trarman

Postby R0B » Jun 22, 2001 @ 12:04pm

Since I started this post, I figure that I might as well ask, what can I do to help?
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Postby John Lomax » Jun 22, 2001 @ 7:27pm

hey Trarmam, just wondering how its going?<br><br>Being the idiot I am I compiled my own version with the new gapi, but ebc++ threw up with syntax errors on the gxdisplay stuff....didnt really know how to fix it (12 errors) as I can't program....just wanted to contribute. (even though I should be working on argentum....).<br><br>Oops, maybe carpe or fredrik will be reading this...gotta get back to work :)<br><br>John
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby RavenRay » Jun 22, 2001 @ 7:33pm

yeah John,  Howz that coming along?<br>
"A rose blossom best at near death........and your at full bloom"
RavenRay
pm Member

Postby Trarman » Jun 23, 2001 @ 10:08am

I've been kind of busy with work related stuff (gotta pay for these toys somehow :) ) so I'm hoping to get some time tomorrow to play with PQ again with the newly released HPC2000 SDK from Microsoft.<br>
Trarman

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions