This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

i <3 my rep

Postby RICoder » Oct 26, 2005 @ 10:11pm

I don't necessarily disagree with either of you, but consider this. If I am a Republican (big R) and I run for office, is it not appropriate to assume that I believe the ideology of the Republican (big R) party to be in the best interest of the city, state or country that I represent. If that is the case, then would it not also be appropriate for me to act as a Republican (big R) during a vote on an issue, as I would believe that such a stance IS in fact in the best interest of my constituents?

For example, suppose there was a bill being voted on that would lower the regulation on the amount of waste that a particular industry is allowed to 'dump' anually. Environmentalists go ape-shit, and protest. Democrats say it panders to Big [insert industry here]. Republicans say that it is to keep jobs in-state, don't worry about mother nature, she can handle herself.

Would not a duely elected Democrat vote nay? They WERE elected after all, and they do believe that their ideology is to the benifit of thier constituents. Me, being a Republican (big R), might be thinking, hey, like 10,000 people are going to lose their jobs. Those 10,000 people are constuents...don't you have an obligation to serve their needs? But the answer is no...really, your obligation is to the majority who voted you in. The majority thinks, just like you, that this ideology best serves the people.

Would not a duely elected Republican vote yes? They WERE elected after all...same as above...they do believe their ideology best benifits the poeple. Now, me, being a Democrat (big D), might be thinking, shit man, you're gonna kill all the trees, then there won't be any was for the CO2 to be converted to O2, so I'm going to sufficate along with 10,000 other people. Those 10,000 people are your constituents...don't you have an obligation to feed their needs? ...you know the rest.

Calling an elected official an ideologue, often times, is the same as calling them a homo sapien. They have ideology, and the vote it.
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Andy » Oct 26, 2005 @ 10:28pm

If the republican platform happens to be a perfect match for your ideology, then it makes sense that you vote along party lines. Otherwise, it might not.

I can't believe all this nonsense about gay marriage is anything besides political trickery. And, in the future, it'll only end up like similar bigoted viewpoints: as an embarassment for America.
Andy
<font color=red size=3>Troll++</font>

Postby Kzinti » Oct 26, 2005 @ 10:41pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby RICoder » Oct 27, 2005 @ 12:56am

RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Maf54 » Oct 27, 2005 @ 1:06am

Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby RICoder » Oct 27, 2005 @ 1:49am

RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby James S » Oct 27, 2005 @ 3:59am

James S
pm Insider

Postby Brig » Oct 27, 2005 @ 7:17am

Truth is a possession.
Brig
<font color=purple>Bombastic Brig</font>

Previous

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions