This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

never buy a cyber ball cooler

never buy a cyber ball cooler

Postby Jaybot » Jul 14, 2001 @ 9:36pm

fukking cheap motherfukking fan/heatsink combo piece of shit.  i was wondering why my computer kept crashing... and it turns out this fan (which is supposed to be cooling my athlon processor) is going about the speed of one of those desktop fans from the 1920's you see in movies giong really fukking slow, when it should be moving faster than the speed of light.  <br><br>I took the sucker apart and noticed that the cheap little fan was just screwed into the heatsink.  no special grooves or anything.  this was obciously a well thought out piece of machinery~  god, my mom could do better than this.<br><br>luckily, windows 2000 is actually able to run on a really hot processor (with an external fan blowing into the case (which is open of course).  So I have partial access to some aspects of my computer.  Unluckily ,WinME crashes everytime I try to start it.  So fuck, I can't get anything done, all of my programs and useful shit are in winme.  So, moral of the story is, never buy a cheap heatsink and/or fan.<br><br>now i need to come up with the money to buy a fucking heatsink/fan... grumble
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Re: never buy a cyber ball cooler

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 15, 2001 @ 10:49am

Jaybot, you're in luck.. I have the strongest Delta fan and heatsink combo ever made, and I don't want it.<br><br>Global Win WBK38 6800 RPM Fan<br>It cooled my 1.3ghz althon from 128F with stock fan down to 105F with this beast. If you want it email me or message me or something. It's really quite amazing. But due to some outside factors I can't use it.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Jul 15, 2001 @ 4:45pm

right now, i am so broke, i can really only afford it for free... otherwise, i'll have to ask my parents for money.. and i havent done that in a long time. i should have just gone with the fan i always use when building everyone elses computers......
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jul 15, 2001 @ 4:58pm

i cant believe you bought something with 'cyber' in the title. thats a sure sign its a dogdy product by an even dodgier company.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jul 16, 2001 @ 5:30pm

well, while i was buying the processor for extremely cheap, the guy offered hte heatsink and fan for like an extra 5 bux. and i was like.. okay.  God i'm stupid.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 16, 2001 @ 7:48pm

No one is disagreeing with that statement.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Jul 17, 2001 @ 5:27pm

HAH, I've managed to find a free temporary solution.. just ripped apart an old P-75 I had in my garage, and unscrewed the fan off of that heatsink and screwed it on my new heat sink.. seems to be working fine now.. except IE5 an any internet stuff is all fucked up... guess i should download ie6 or something.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 17, 2001 @ 7:48pm

If you've got an old computer you can trash I suggest ripping out the DC fan from the Power supply. You'll have to plug it into a wall outlet to make it work, but that's what extension cords are for. If you're good with tools you could even make it look like the cords supposed to be there :-P
Moose or Chuck

Postby CheezBoy » Jul 17, 2001 @ 10:16pm

your right about dodgy there is nothing cyber about a fan
Behold the power of Cheez!!! or Ahh, the power of Cheez!!!
CheezBoy
pm Member

Postby CheezBoy » Jul 17, 2001 @ 10:17pm

"ball cooler" hell i doubt it could even do that ;)
Behold the power of Cheez!!! or Ahh, the power of Cheez!!!
CheezBoy
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 17, 2001 @ 10:19pm

Cheez, you and Paul will become nice friends... you two think identically.<br>(psst ... but I think he's gay, so watch out. He's atleast 'gayishly affraid of women' by his own admission. Just a friendly note of warning)
Moose or Chuck

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions