This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Weird iPod problem...

Weird iPod problem...

Postby Miracle » Sep 20, 2005 @ 10:53pm

Miracle
pm Insider

Postby Caesar » Sep 21, 2005 @ 1:57am

Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Postby James S » Sep 21, 2005 @ 3:18am

James S
pm Insider

Postby Bluetrane » Sep 21, 2005 @ 4:52am

Bluetrane
pm Member

Postby Miracle » Sep 21, 2005 @ 6:26am

I tried 2 different headphones (original iPod headphones, and PSP headphones). I use the PSP headphones (literally) all day at work, when I listen to my shoutcast station (128k, and while listening to exactly the same music, I hear nothing like what my iPod is producing).

I mostly have non-vbr MP3's, so that shouldn't be a problem. Most of the music I listen to is about 192k, so basically very common files.

I carry my iPod in my coat pocket (inside my coat that is). I sometimes take it out (during the bus trip for example) if I want to easily change the track, so then I hold it in my hands. I'll try to keep it with me in a different way, to see if it helps.

Thanks for your help guys, I was actually kinda disappointed that this brand new device already had some sort of flaw...

EDIT: I just turned on my iPod, I left it on my desk all night so it's feeling pretty cold/cool, and I tried using my , which I'm 100% sure they work perfectly, and I still hear it! So I guess this rules out the possibility if faulty headphones all the way, but also rules out overheating problems... What next?
Miracle
pm Insider

Postby Blade Runner » Sep 21, 2005 @ 11:52am

No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick. No, I've never seen that.
Blade Runner
pm Member

Postby Miracle » Sep 21, 2005 @ 12:16pm

I'm leaning towards hard disk malfunction, but the possessed theory also makes sense :).

I think I'm out of options here, so it's time to call Apple Support. Wish me luck ;).

EDIT: ...if I can find the damn phone number... sheesh, you can't even call Apple? Or am I totally looking over it... I can try to call a local mac store. I knew I shouldn't have gotten myself into Apple stuff :).
Miracle
pm Insider

Postby chuck » Sep 21, 2005 @ 2:46pm

I wouldn't call them, you only get like one phone call to them. Instead, just request ipod service from their website. They'll send you a box in like two days to send them your ipod in. In about two-three days after that, you'll have a brand new ipod. I love apple.
chuck
pm Insider

Postby Caesar » Sep 21, 2005 @ 8:04pm

Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Postby Bluetrane » Sep 21, 2005 @ 8:23pm

Bluetrane
pm Member

Postby damian » Sep 22, 2005 @ 3:48pm

damian
pm Insider

Postby Miracle » Sep 29, 2005 @ 3:05pm

No it's from various sources (literally ;)).

I found the solution by the way! I forgot to post it here (haven't been online in a week or so...ouch). I just had to reset the iPod (all the data remained on it, luckily), and it's working like a charm again! I still have no idea what caused this problem, but I'm glad it's working again.
Miracle
pm Insider

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions