This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Screen Spanning Doctor

Screen Spanning Doctor

Postby chuck » Sep 22, 2005 @ 5:37am

How come no one told me about before?! The one problem I had with my iBook was it's inability to use a second monitor for anything more than a mirror. Oh man, I found this today and it's like I got a new computer! Now I have my ibook and my 19" monitor and I've nearly tripled my desktop space. YAY. I swear this 19" could eat about 5 ibooks, it's a freaking behemoth I forgot how cumbersome desktop equipment can be, but the screen real estate is to die for. Look.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by chuck on Sep 22, 2005 @ 5:46am, edited 1 time in total.
chuck
pm Insider

Postby sponge » Sep 22, 2005 @ 5:44am

CHUCK FOUND THE LOCH NESS MONSTER
holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby RedruM » Sep 22, 2005 @ 6:04am

yep, I've been running dual monitors with the span feature for months, now that I've gotten used to it, its a bitch using my single screen monitor setup at work, especially since I use AutoCAD/Desk all the time, the freaking tools alone take half the screen.
RedruM
pm Member

Postby Brig » Sep 27, 2005 @ 9:23am

Do you have any problems with the colors on your 19" appearing washed out?

I'm wondering if this is a problem with my laptop or powerbooks or apple laptops in general.
Truth is a possession.
Brig
<font color=purple>Bombastic Brig</font>

Postby chuck » Sep 27, 2005 @ 1:43pm

chuck
pm Insider

Postby RChickenMan » Sep 27, 2005 @ 7:08pm

RChickenMan
pm Member

Postby chuck » Sep 27, 2005 @ 7:12pm

i don't know of any forums off hand specifically for that, but i frequent the macworld forums and the macnn.com (macnewsnetwork) forums. also, the mac website has alot of good information. if you need help finding programs and such, just ask here. There are closet mac users here.
chuck
pm Insider

Postby RChickenMan » Sep 27, 2005 @ 7:36pm

Mainly I just want to address the issues related to being a computer engineering student and attempting to use a mac. Things like writing code (C++) accross the different platforms, interfacing strange types of hardware, whatever will come of my "intro to unix" class, etc. Also issues regarding Virtual PC. I am assuming that unfortunately I will have to use it from time to time, and wondering just how legitimate it is of a solution. My plan at this point is to keep the iBook and my Dell PC around for a period of about a month while using the iBook as my main computer, and at the end of the month sell either my PC or the iBook.
RChickenMan
pm Member

Postby chuck » Sep 27, 2005 @ 10:19pm

i would suggest posting questions like that in the dev forum. as far as virtual pc goes, from all i've ever heard it's totally usable.
chuck
pm Insider

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions