This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

On the subject of shit that annoys me...

On the subject of shit that annoys me...

Postby chuck » Sep 28, 2005 @ 3:15pm

Old people in college. My dad is in college and that's okay because I'm sure he's not FUCKING ANNOYING, but every other one I have ever had in a class makes me want to die. These people think that since they couldn't make it through college the first time now they're old and decrepit that they have some unspoken friendship with the professors... I guess because they're both going to die soon. This CRUCIALLY ANNOYING BITCH in my Grammar and Style for Writers class apparently thinks that being a class clown actually gets cooler with age. She constantly spouts off inane, pointless quips that NO one thinks are funny. All she succeeds in doing is making everyone feel awkard and glad they are actually making it through school when you're supposed to do so. Seriously, you're old. You should be glad we let your old ass back in school since your education is essentially a waste. You'll die before you actually contribute to society. I hate you old lady, I really hate you.
chuck
pm Insider

Postby refractor » Sep 28, 2005 @ 5:26pm

We hated the "mature" students when I was a student too.
refractor
pm Insider

Postby Andy » Sep 28, 2005 @ 6:34pm

On the plus side, if her education is in something inane like, oh say, Political Sciences, there is not a strong negative correlation between the age of the student and social ROI (return on investment) for that eduaction. This is mostly because the largest benefit to society one can rationally anticipate from such an education is, in fact, the money pumped into the economy to pay for that education.

The correlation between student age and social ROI may actually be positive, as older students default less on student loans.
Andy
<font color=red size=3>Troll++</font>

Postby refractor » Sep 28, 2005 @ 6:46pm

I still don't understand people who do the "humanities" subjects at Uni. All they're doing is making themselves over-qualified for McDonalds.
refractor
pm Insider

Postby chuck » Sep 28, 2005 @ 7:12pm

You take humanities... to go to more school. My poli. sci. degree will work great going to law school, going 80k in debt. yay!
chuck
pm Insider

Postby Maf54 » Sep 28, 2005 @ 7:17pm

I also enjoy how shitty my Poli Sci degree is.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby David Horn » Sep 28, 2005 @ 8:35pm

There are two mature students in my physics lectures. One's fine, he's good to chat to and he's quiet and pays attention in lectures, and only speaks if he's answering a question.

The other guy is a bit of a wanker, and sits in the back row but insists on asking inane questions in a loud voice, usually interrupting the lecturer mid sentence. Nearly all the time the questions are on stuff that's already been explained but he wasn't listening to.
Crosswind technique: "Using your peripheral vision, react to body movements, gasps, groans, and shouts from the other side of the cockpit, and always remember that it's better to be lucky than good."
David Horn
<b>The Boss</b>

Postby mrchampipi » Sep 28, 2005 @ 9:10pm

Be a winner,
Be the first to buy a Jackito!
mrchampipi
pm Member

Postby Andy » Sep 28, 2005 @ 9:29pm

Andy
<font color=red size=3>Troll++</font>

Postby Warren » Sep 28, 2005 @ 9:34pm

Warren
pm Insider

Postby chuck » Sep 28, 2005 @ 11:14pm

chuck
pm Insider

Postby Caesar » Sep 29, 2005 @ 12:59am

Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Postby Maf54 » Sep 29, 2005 @ 1:39am

I find it ironic that Caesar thinks attacks chuck for talking on an internet message board. He is a fucktard who shouldn't be allowed to procreate.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby Caesar » Sep 29, 2005 @ 2:46am

I never claimed, implied or otherwise, to be better than others however.
Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Postby Bluetrane » Sep 29, 2005 @ 3:26am

Bluetrane
pm Member

Next

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions