This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Highly Sustainable Fuel Source Defies Quantum Physics

Postby James S » Nov 12, 2005 @ 4:50pm

And I take it on faith that you have looked at the guy's papers?
James S
pm Insider

Postby David Horn » Nov 12, 2005 @ 5:35pm

I glanced through it. And I decided it was rubbish. Think about it - what he's suggesting is that an electron can be more tightly bound to a nucleus than the ground state allowed by quantum theory.

This causes problems because if a lower energy level than the ground state exists, surely electrons would prefer to sit in it. What is keeping the electrons in all the other hydrogen atoms in the universe sufficiently excited that they stay in their theoretically less stable orbit in the ground state? [If you say "zero point energy" here, I'll hit you.]

Add to this the fact that he claimed the same thing some years ago, has refused to open his labs to international scientists, and is seeking massive amounts of money, and you can see why I prefer to put my faith in quantum mechanics.
Crosswind technique: "Using your peripheral vision, react to body movements, gasps, groans, and shouts from the other side of the cockpit, and always remember that it's better to be lucky than good."
David Horn
<b>The Boss</b>

Postby Blade Runner » Nov 14, 2005 @ 5:35am

You guys look very interested in this, google "Hydrino" you'll find some pages that explain a lot of things.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick. No, I've never seen that.
Blade Runner
pm Member

Postby Wes » Nov 15, 2005 @ 9:38am

I wonder if James Sonne could further explain his mention of an "exergonic reaction?" Ordinary definitions describe "exergonic" to mean that energy is released out of the system. What process then reabsorbs that energy to create the "self renewing unlimited power"? Do self-sustaining reactions exist that yield greater than one-hundred percent efficiency perpetually? Is it addressed in the links? Admittedly, I didn't look very heavily - however, it is your explanations I am interested in.
Wes
pm Member

Postby James S » Nov 15, 2005 @ 7:37pm

The energy released from the reaction goes on to fuel other reactions by raising the energy of the second reaction to the point that it over comes the activation energy of the reaction.
James S
pm Insider

Postby Wes » Nov 16, 2005 @ 12:13am

Wes
pm Member

Postby James S » Nov 16, 2005 @ 5:13am

Yes, once one reaction has taken place the energy it gives off is enough to fuel the other reactions with energy left over. This is the way that explosions work, also, but in this instance the energy is harnessed instead of unleashed.
James S
pm Insider

Postby Blade Runner » Nov 22, 2005 @ 3:16am

No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick. No, I've never seen that.
Blade Runner
pm Member

Postby James S » Nov 22, 2005 @ 6:05am

James S
pm Insider

Postby David Horn » Nov 22, 2005 @ 11:48am

Crosswind technique: "Using your peripheral vision, react to body movements, gasps, groans, and shouts from the other side of the cockpit, and always remember that it's better to be lucky than good."
David Horn
<b>The Boss</b>

Postby Blade Runner » Nov 22, 2005 @ 1:01pm

I mean this surely won't make a loop forever and give unlimited energy, it has to stop. The guy said the process gives less and less energy everytime until there's no more possibility to do it. But what happens?
Blade Runner
pm Member

Previous

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions