This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Diabetes (and the healthcare system)

Postby sandmann » Jan 14, 2006 @ 7:01pm

Just eating a lot of sugar won't give you diabetes. Still, it's linked with diet; type II diabetes stems from a combination of obesity and lack of exercise.
The fates lead him who will;
Him who won't, they drag.

Seneca
sandmann
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jan 17, 2006 @ 10:47am

And eating a lot of chemically produced sugar (not natural sugar found in fruits) overworking your pancreas, liver, and kidneys; which leads to your body not being able to produce insulin, which leads to diabetes.

Blah.

Remind me what is inherently wrong with the current healthcare system in the US?

State/Federal government run healthcare systems scare me, I trust those fuckers less than I trust big companies trying to make profits.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby sandmann » Jan 18, 2006 @ 5:43pm

The fates lead him who will;
Him who won't, they drag.

Seneca
sandmann
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jan 19, 2006 @ 2:12pm

That's a crappy insurance company then. :)

Like I said, I had a PPO plan for $80 a month (and I was self-employed, making it even harder to find insurance), which is relatively cheap according to me.

Which covered a visit to any doctor of my choice, be it a foot doctor or a elbow doctor. Anything that wasn't completely covered as a general visit with a co-pay, was covered once a small deductible was met.

Granted, this plan isn't available in every state, but I guarantee if you do your research you can find a similar local one for every state.

And if you work for a real company, they almost always have the option of a HMO for next to nothing (which is total shit) or a PPO for 60-80 bucks out of your paycheck. And sometimes, they even have an 80/20 plan, which means you can really go to any doctor you want and get whatever you want done, but you gotta fron 20% of the money.

I forgot what my point was, but... sure there will always be crappy insurance companies at the bottom of the barrel, that doesnt mean there aren't good, affordable insurance companies out there.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions