This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

North Korea

Postby Maf54 » Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:40pm

A good half of our country seems to think the Sadam did have nukes. :lol: I do have trouble with the fact that we haven't done anything about nations who openly have WMD programs while we invaded one on false information about their secret projects. Although with the performance of North Korea's missile I fear they are going to blow themselves up.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby Miracle » Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:41pm

Miracle
pm Insider

Postby Maf54 » Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:43pm

Last edited by Maf54 on Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby Miracle » Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:47pm

Miracle
pm Insider

Postby Maf54 » Jul 7, 2006 @ 11:51pm

Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby Miracle » Jul 8, 2006 @ 12:01am

Miracle
pm Insider

Postby Maf54 » Jul 8, 2006 @ 12:04am

actually. I don't watch Fox News, sorry. The simple fact is that when China, Russian, Japan, the US, and other countries I am too lazy too look up ask you to not perform a missile test you probably shouldn't. Especially if you are North Korea and you two biggest allies are China and Russia.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby Miracle » Jul 8, 2006 @ 12:41am

Miracle
pm Insider

Postby Maf54 » Jul 8, 2006 @ 12:51am

Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby James S » Jul 8, 2006 @ 2:12am

Uhm, any rouge nation run by a single dictator that openly hates the US and threatens to bomb us openly should not be allowed to launch test rockets. It's as simple as that. Expressed hostile intent with facilitating technology is reason enough for me.

And again, the US is doing nothing at the moment except talking with the UN and members of the 6-party nations that were in talks with North Korea before NK called them off because they said they wanted to build nukes in order to launch at the US if the US invaded. Like we want to invade stupid North Korea. We didn't want to do anything except keep an eye on them and give the people food and medical aide while the dictator ignored them, that is until they started launch test rockets in 1998 OVER the Islands of Japan into the Pacific. Then we all got a little iffy about it, beginning when they started destroying the UN's security cameras in their nuclear facilities so that they could enrich uranium without our seeing it happen. What else would they do in there after removing the cameras? I'm sure the dictator was all about personal liberties and freedom for his endentured servants, I mean employees.

I think you don't have a realistic grasp of the intricacies of international relations. If a nation starts whining and complaining and then throws it's toys at you, you punish it by not giving it its toy back, nor ice cream. Very intricate.
James S
pm Insider

Postby Caesar » Jul 8, 2006 @ 5:24am

All countries have the right to have and develop nuclear weapons. However, when they have openly stated their intentions to use them on other nations they are not allowed to have them. Iran has stated that it desires Israel wiped from the map and they are pursuing an aggressive nuclear program. They are not allowed to have those weapons because they are not defensive by any means. This applies to North Korea as well.
Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Postby Maf54 » Jul 8, 2006 @ 5:27am

Well when the UN says not to develop nuclear weapons you probably shouldn't. Then again you could just go ahead with it and everyone will just rant incoherently at the US.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby ktemkin » Jul 8, 2006 @ 6:14am

I'm of the opinion that Kim Jung Il is testing us. He wants to see how far he can push without the United Nations, and specifically the United States, taking action.

I've heard a lot of discussion about Jung Il preparing for a war, and having desires for teritorial expansion in South Korea, but, however mentally unstable he may be, I don't think he's crazy enough to plunge the world into war just yet.
ktemkin
pm Member

Postby Maf54 » Jul 8, 2006 @ 6:19am

I really don't believe it would be world war. China and Russia will just be forced to take action with the rest of the UN.
Maf54
<b>Commie Pinko</b>

Postby ktemkin » Jul 8, 2006 @ 6:29am

It's pretty hard to determine how anything will turn out; after all, a single Serbian nationalist turned tensions in Europe into the First World War. And while I realize that the situations aren't completely comparable, as we've fronted a lot of international development against another World War, I think my point remains valid- we never really know what these actions can spark. It's like the Butterfly Effect- a single butterfly in North Korea can cause a hurricane for the rest of the world.
ktemkin
pm Member

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions