This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Anyone?

Postby Jaybot » Nov 19, 2006 @ 11:20pm

That triforce shit is classic.

You gotta have just the right combination of geekiness, know-how, boredom, and balls to do something that stupid :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jadam » Nov 20, 2006 @ 4:25am

my friend waited 30 hours infront of nintendo world in manhattan to get her Wii!

Me? I bought a psp today... Why? Got a nice deal on it, and I love racing games =]
Jadam
I'm a STAR!

Postby Caesar » Nov 20, 2006 @ 5:29am

I still want Gears of War.
Organic Superlube? Oh, it's great stuff, great stuff. You really have to keep an eye on it, though--it'll try and slide away from you the first chance it gets.
Caesar
Veni Vidi Vici

Postby MZGuy » Nov 20, 2006 @ 6:18pm

I might get a Wii too, because of the interesting controller. I just hope it isn't just something you get tired of after a few days.
I hope they make a sequel to the Jedi Knight (well, Dark Forces originally) series for the Wii. The light saber should be a real hit with that controller.
MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby Jadam » Nov 20, 2006 @ 10:27pm

Jadam
I'm a STAR!

Postby sponge » Nov 21, 2006 @ 4:41am

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby RedruM » Nov 21, 2006 @ 9:05am

Sure do, not sure why no one else really took that freehand style and expanded upon it, it acctually worked pretty good from the demo I used to play.

You can call me a failure regarding the wii though, I decided to risk it since I was up well past midnight on saturday and only managed to make it to a line up about 2 hours before opening, first option, too long. Second sold out already but got offered 400 canadian for a wii from someone who already bought it, I declined. Third option (wich was my main one but was furthest away) short line, waited an hour before the tickets came out, I was about 15 back, lady said 12 wii's in stock, went home.

Although I do have a wiimote and a nunchuck I bought the day before the wii came out, Woot.
Now planning for the second wave hopefully before the weekend I will have something to go with my lonely wiimote.

What I want for the wii is some new age RTS games, fight night, and an FPS with the controls done right, none of this bounding box garbage.
RedruM
pm Member

Postby sponge » Nov 21, 2006 @ 6:55pm

CoD3 has a traditional crosshair/gun is stuck in the middle of the screen system (turn off dynamic aim). I'm not sure which I prefer, there's a slight deadzone with the traditional method, and the snapping for autoaim is brutally obvious. On the other hand, the dynamic aim system works great in outdoor areas but suffers quite a bit up close.

The view actually starts moving slowly when you move the gun to the left, it's not a literal bounding box that determines looking or not.
holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Previous

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions