This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Roms

Roms

Postby Diego Cueva » May 30, 2001 @ 10:41pm

I just found this today on the net:<br><br>"Edition 145 of the American magazine Nintendo Power has an interesting article that ends with some myths about emulators. This is the first time that the publication comments the subject. It is very common to read in the Internet that you can get ROMs for up to 24 hours, or if you have a version of the game to use it as backup. According to the company, these are only some of the lies spreaded through the Internet. Nintendo insists to leave well cleared that the use of any type of ROM is a piracy crime. And if it´s that old game that no one plays anymore? Dont´t even think about it. according to the company, the patents of intellectual propriety lasts for at least 75 years - so, no ROM of the Nintendo systems will be legally avaliable to public domain before year 2050."<br>        <br>  - translated/modified from www.uol.com.br/jogos (5/30)<br><br>2050!? wow! <br><br>Last modification: Diego Cueva - 05/30/01 at 19:41:56
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Re: Roms

Postby randall » May 30, 2001 @ 11:30pm

Whatever. Are they really going to be knocking on Chuck's Door anytime soon? I don't think so.<br><br>That's about as dumbass as Hormel suing (somebody) over usage of SPAM as a general term for cyber-junk.<br><br>;)<br>Last modification: 999 - 05/30/01 at 20:30:06
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 31, 2001 @ 9:46am

well my address is 103 RiverView Ave. Portsmouth, VA. tell them to send there stupid SS guards to my house to destroy my roms or whatever the f. I have all of my stuff on cd so if the cops come poof cd's are gewn.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Guest » May 31, 2001 @ 9:49am

whats a rom?

Postby MZGuy » May 31, 2001 @ 11:17am

A rom (for a gaming emulator) is a file, which is a copy of the game. Or to make it short, it's the game. <br>You then open the file in an emulator and then you can play it. Weeee :)
MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby Diego Cueva » May 31, 2001 @ 12:35pm

I know this will never be done, Chuck. :) I posted the message because there are a lot of people talking about legality of ROMs on PPC forums. But, no, I dont agree with Nintendo....
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions