This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Sega Saturn

Re: Sega Saturn

Postby Jaybot » May 26, 2001 @ 3:36pm

"Of course PS blew everything away, which blows my mind, because I don't see how any gaming system that the player spends almost as much time waiting for things to load as they do playing"<br><br>Actually this was the reason I doused my Saturn with Gasoline and lit it on fire... the load times on that thing were even more horrid than my PS, (well that and I saw what Tomb Raider looked like on the Saturn compared to the PS...)  And while it was nice to see GameX64 load so fast, 9 times out of 10 the game sucked.  I'd trade bad load times for better games anyday.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 3:40pm

what burns .iso files?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » May 26, 2001 @ 5:49pm

onto a CD?  Just about every burning program out there, including Adaptec EasyCD creator, you just have to brows through the options until you find the settings for burning stuff.... umm, don't remember exact details.  Chuck, I'm surprised, you have dreamcast emu's and you dont even know how to burn an iso file?
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Diego Cueva » May 26, 2001 @ 5:58pm

I dont even know what is an ISO! I´m so "innocent"... ;)
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 10:25pm

hey, i know how to burn .bin, .cue, .nrg, .cdi. , and now i know how to burn .iso. :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 26, 2001 @ 10:27pm

dan, don't download that, that emu sucks. I found another thats better, but i lost the site, i'll find it soon and repost with a better one. Boy i can't wait to play Dead or Alive, and Virtual ON :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » May 26, 2001 @ 10:59pm

I had to swing back by the yard sale for something else, and they had the cable and another game waiting for me. :o So I got Daytona, 3D Baseball, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop and a sampler disk. So I guess that's not too bad for 5 bucks. I should be able to find some games here in the boonies for sale in the trading times for $5 and under. The gfx are of course sub-standard in today's terms, but it is still entertaining! :)<br><br>My wife loves to go to yard sales, just to find good bargains. I can add this to my 1200 DPI Color Scanner I got for $5 (because "it only works with Windows 3.1, and is only black and white", little did they know what it was worth after downloading the correct drivers), and the Care Bear my wife bought for 25 cents and sold for $20+ on ebay. ;) Today she came home and asked me if $5 was reasonable for a Saturn. My wife said she didn't know if it was older than a genesis or what.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby randall » May 26, 2001 @ 11:16pm

Some people down the street from us were having a yard sale. They sold me an Atari 2600 (with 10 games) an Odyssey2 system complete in-box(with 5 games) a Commodore 64 with various software and a Texas Instruments TI-99 home computer. All for $2.<br><br>Miraculously, they all work. The entertainment value alone is worth way more than $2, even if they are ancient systems.<br><br>I wonder how much all that would have cost on eBay?
randall
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » May 26, 2001 @ 11:51pm

Okay, I've already had way more than $5 worth of entertainment. :) So what is a good gun for the Saturn (assuming there is more than one out there)? Virtua Cop definitely needs it! Can I use two guns at one time?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 27, 2001 @ 1:55am

i think you can. and you can download most of the Saturn games, i wouldn't consider it pirating since the games aren't printed or sold by sega anymore.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 27, 2001 @ 8:44am

Dan, just get the official Sega gun, they have them all over eBay I'm sure. Get two though, of course. To play with two guns at the same time just start the game as a two player game, then you get twice as much firepower from the start. I'd give you around $25 for the system if you get tired of it.<br>And randall, all of that Atari/Odyssey2/C64 stuff. I'd give you around $35 for it in a heart beat.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 27, 2001 @ 1:09pm

i was thinnkin about goin and findin one of them old school systems, it'd be fun  to play.
Moose or Chuck

Postby MZGuy » May 31, 2001 @ 12:41pm

You can find some Saturn emus over here: <br><br>Dunno if they're good though :)
MZGuy
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Anything Discussion

Sort

Forum Description

Post all off-topic messages here, almost anything goes.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions