This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Need help: keyboard graphics

Need help: keyboard graphics

Postby Johan » Aug 21, 2002 @ 11:02pm

Hi,

Two of my friends at Viktoria have developed a really cool software keyboard called JoJoSIP. You can check out some of its features at:

It's basically a fully skinnable keyboard module, with transitions and other features. What it doesn't have at the moment is some cool graphics to back it up!

Before releasing JoJoSIP, we would like some help with keyboard designs. You will get full credits for your design, but you will release the graphics for free. What we want is:

(1) 240 or 320 pixel wide keyboard images
(2) Optional mask bitmap with the correct key <-> color mappings (see documentation on the jojosoft web site).

You don't need to send (2), if you just have a cool keyboard send it to us and we will do the key mapping.

If you have a cool picture you want to share with the world, please send it to it1skjo@ituniv.se and it will be included with the JoJoSIP distribution.

Thanks,
Johan
Johan
pm Member

Postby BurningSheep » Aug 22, 2002 @ 12:56am

very cool, couldn't help messing around a bit...

Don't know which extra keys would be needed, probably depends on the game as well. I'll finish it another time... need... sleep...
Do you want custom Snails levels? Click
BurningSheep
pm Insider

A small note...

Postby scoreman » Aug 22, 2002 @ 10:51am

BurningSheep, great to see that you've already started designing a SIP :) Notify us when your are finished and we will be glad to put it on

Just a small note to what Johan wrote:
The image does not need to be 240 or 320 pixels wide. Any width/height is ok as long as it suits your application ;)
scoreman
pm Member

Postby BurningSheep » Aug 22, 2002 @ 12:10pm

hmmm, I was wondering... (can't try anything out at the moment) but can you call CreateKeyboard function more than once? Or is there another way to update the Surface and MaskSurface?

I think it would be cool if you for instance press the shift button and all the keys turn into capitals. Or have a symbol button and when pressed it displays symbols instead of alphanumeric characters.
BurningSheep
pm Insider

Postby scoreman » Aug 22, 2002 @ 3:47pm

scoreman
pm Member

Postby BurningSheep » Aug 23, 2002 @ 2:11am

haven't tried it out for myself yet though
BurningSheep
pm Insider

Postby Hosed » Aug 23, 2002 @ 3:17am

This is awesome! I was going to write my own, but if someone else does it... =)
L. L. Goodwin<BR>Purveyor of Code<BR><A href="http://www.planettribes.com/hosed/">Hosed's House of Code</A>
Hosed
pm Member

Postby Johan » Aug 23, 2002 @ 11:42am

Johan
pm Member

Postby scoreman » Aug 23, 2002 @ 6:03pm

Ok, the skins by BurningSheep is now on the web ().

We also created a small demo for Win32 and StrongARM using these skins. It shows how you can use different layers.

Some changes were made to the mask images of BurningSheep's skins since the white color between buttons is assigned to a charater (I replaced it with RGB(128,128,128) instead). The tutorial "Skinning JoJoSIP" is updated with a note of this issue.
scoreman
pm Member

Postby iceboxman » Sep 11, 2002 @ 7:07am

iceboxman
pm Member

Postby scoreman » Sep 11, 2002 @ 9:21am

Hi!

Since JoJoSIP is skinnable you can have which ever buttons you like. Also the implementation of different layers is up to you. Basically what you do is that when ALT or CTRL keys are pressed you “load” a different keyboard layer (image) with a corresponding key-mask. This is done in the demo on when CAPS, SYM or SHIFT are pressed.
scoreman
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions