This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Chat Suggestion

Chat Suggestion

Postby Warren » Apr 7, 2001 @ 12:46pm

I suggest a chat room.
Warren
pm Insider

Re: Chat Suggestion

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 7, 2001 @ 2:08pm

i believe this would be a good idea, considering sometimes we have 10-15 ppl on the board at once, and they are just chatting through the board almost. I just registered the channel #PocketQuake on Dalnet if you want to Dan, you can take over the room. I'll give you founder access. I just figure this would be an easy way to get everyone connected. Then you could add a html irc client to your page.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 7, 2001 @ 2:10pm

o ya, i will be out of town till thursday, so if you ppl wanna go into the room have fun. But i can't give any of you ops because i'm not here :) when i get back i'll relinquish command to Dan and give all the board mod's aop or sop whatever dan wants
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 7, 2001 @ 3:56pm

I agree about the chat room. Chris and myslef have been looking into a solution for both people on their home pc's and wireless pocketpc users. This would hopefully replace the chat rooms on other pages such as pocketpcthoughts.com, pocketgamer.com, etc.... That way it would be a used throught the PocketPC community and people would be logged on fairly constant. We have found a few scripts that will work, but we are looking for something that can fit into such a small screen. I think if you give it a month or so it should be ready.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 7, 2001 @ 11:58pm

well there is the pocket IRC client.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 8, 2001 @ 4:29am

We are looking for something that is integrated right into the web page so there is no extra downloads. So about any chat room that is server-side will work.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 8, 2001 @ 4:47am

I don't think a chatroom would work. It would divide the popularity of the forum into the chat room, making both half as effective. Good idea, but it would just detract from the entire website as a whole. Too much is plain and simply, too much.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 6:32am

Ah, Moose, you're just worried about not getting a number added to your name every time you want to say something (by posting), thus cutting your numbers possibly in half and lessening your star increases :)  I think it would be a great idea, if you can get it to work, and many people participate.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 8, 2001 @ 8:12am

No, I just know that I never join chat rooms. Why would I waste my time like that. I can reply whenever I have the time. I don't need to worry about sitting in a chat room talking to people for no real reason.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Warren » Apr 8, 2001 @ 8:41am

Chat rooms are a faster way to communicate. If I want to ask Moose a question, I'd have to start a thread, or post and wait for a response. With the chat room, if he's on, I can ask and get an answer immediately. I don't think it would draw attention away from the forum, because the forum is a way to communicate with everyone and you can always refer to a post in the forum if you forget something.  
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 8, 2001 @ 6:35pm

Sorry Moosey I'll have to disagree with you, Warren is right. people will use the boards to talk to everyone about maybe important stuff, while some of the idle chatter will go on in the chat room. Anyways, I need a good chat room to talk in at school once i get my wireless;)
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Diego Cueva » Apr 11, 2001 @ 6:38am

--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 11, 2001 @ 7:38am

Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 11, 2001 @ 8:47am

Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 11, 2001 @ 11:10am

SonicSilicon
pm Member

Next

Return to Site Announcements/Feedback

Sort

Forum Description

Have anything to say about PocketMatrix.com? Looking for info on the latest happenings at PocketMatrix.com?

Moderators:

sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions