This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Branding

Branding

Postby 999 » Jun 14, 2001 @ 8:18pm

Howdy, I'm working on Branding our fine site here, and would like your 2 cents, as this is as much my site as it is yours :)<br><br>Here's what I've come up with thus far. I haven't really *sat* down and knit-picked at them, so just remember they're a little rough:<br>Image<br>Image<br><br>Now, I like the "Cube" matrix thing, but I'm not sure about the dots inside of it, I do think it needs a little something though, so I had a go with the dots.<br><br>The Font for PocketMatrix has grown on me, and I think it suits us here. We're not straight-laced business peeps, so the traditional Brighthand Helvetica Bold has been nixed from my font selection :)<br><br>Color wise, I build everything in photoshop to give me perfect complimentary color combinations with the aide of a simple slider. I do like blue, but am open to anything.<br><br>Last modification: 999 - 06/14/01 at 17:18:34
pm Member

Re: Branding

Postby randall » Jun 14, 2001 @ 8:26pm

It reminds me of Gameboy, especially since the release of the Advance (there is a transparent purple model available). That isn't a bad thing.<br><br>Check this out- with the dots in that lower right corner, the remaining empty squares form a "P". I'm sure you did that on purpose- or at least subliminally.<br><br>I am never crazy about purple, but the greenish-yellow-gold is a good complimenting color. In this case it works very well.
randall
pm Insider

Postby randall » Jun 14, 2001 @ 8:31pm

Oh, now let me comment about the design.<br><br>It's simple, clean, unique and easy to look at. Everything you need in branding, so it's working in that aspect.<br><br>The font conveys "fun".<br><br>Damn... I kinda wish I had something bad to say. This makes me feel like a kissass.<br><br>Let's talk about that red jumpsuit and mustache...
randall
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 14, 2001 @ 8:47pm

Randall:<br><br>Thanks for the feedback.<br><br>Regarding the "P" in the cube pattern. I had no clue I made it a resemble a "P". When placing the dots, I realized they looked better in the south-west box, but didn't question why. If I were a low life back-stabbing LosAngeles yuppie designer, I'd say that's what I intended to do :)<br><br>I think I'll work on making that P a little more prominent, perhaps I'll rework the dots into another shape, but overall, I want to keep your "P" suggestion.<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 14, 2001 @ 10:33pm

looks cool, i'm waiting for this site that was 'ready sometime in june' :) chris no chatting time itts workin time :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Chris Edwards » Jun 14, 2001 @ 11:27pm

wow... 999.. nice to see some progress on the new site.. right now i'm working on the backend for the site.. (lots of coding that is no fun).<br><br>So, um.. yes.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Diego Cueva » Jun 15, 2001 @ 11:41am

Cool. The font is very nice and the colors work very well with the logo.
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby RavenRay » Jun 15, 2001 @ 11:59am

yes, the colors do complement them selves.  When you come up with the design, I would like to see how the progress is going.  Even if it's just a test.
"A rose blossom best at near death........and your at full bloom"
RavenRay
pm Member

Postby Paul » Jun 18, 2001 @ 7:58am

Paul
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 18, 2001 @ 3:06pm

Nice coincidence, but I'd like to think their version could use a lot more polishing ;)<br><br>
pm Member

Postby RavenRay » Jun 18, 2001 @ 7:21pm

IMHO, don't really like the colors.  Looks like somebodies a big Packard fan.  But then again, I don't watch sports.
"A rose blossom best at near death........and your at full bloom"
RavenRay
pm Member

Return to Site Announcements/Feedback

Sort

Forum Description

Have anything to say about PocketMatrix.com? Looking for info on the latest happenings at PocketMatrix.com?

Moderators:

sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions