This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

New Site

New Site

Postby Chris Edwards » May 28, 2001 @ 11:43pm

I've been thinking about the new site (which has been delayed due to the delay of phpnuke 5 release). Don't worry, I won't be taking the plane phpnuke 5 site and slapping it on and calling it pocketmatrix. I will be modifying it a lot. You will probably not be able to tell that it originated from phpnuke. I'm using phpnuke as a starting point because it already implememts most of the stuff I wanted on the new site (very good admin backend, polls, etc.).<br><br>Right now, PocketMatrix.com is almost like a "community". Everyone knows everyone (almost), and people can feel free to do whatever the hell the want (to an extent).<br><br>Well, how do you want the new site? How do you think I can keep the community environment? Any suggestions?<br><br>Thanks a lot.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Re: New Site

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 29, 2001 @ 3:37pm

Make sure it's easy to post comments on articles of news. And if you want to bring in new members you might want to think about trying to make this more of an organ, updating every day, etc. <br><br>Maybe a troubleshooting section for each article and How-To you post. A specific thread on the forums just for that article. But don't make it accessible from the forums, or make it in its own "Board" of sorts so people don't start going off topic in it.<br><br>Maybe you could create more of a personal email system within members of the site. A whole lot more invovled than the current PM system is.<br><br>Make sure there's a link to feedback on every single relevant page on this site. That's the main thing.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Diego Cueva » May 29, 2001 @ 4:03pm

Make something completely new! With flash menus and stuff! Make it like a portal, with news! Start hosting more PPC games! And then, make it a company: "PocketMatrix Productions"! and start selling games like Handango!<br><br> Then, you will get enough money to start a new terrific movie called "PocketMatrix 2 ;)", earn lots of money and go live in Hawaii!<br><br>Great idea huh? :)<br><br>Last modification: Diego Cueva - 05/29/01 at 13:03:34
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby randall » May 29, 2001 @ 4:04pm

Make sure there are no less than 3 flash animations running on each page and at least 6 megs of graphics just for the borders.<br><br>At least half the links should be broken. For maximum impact, use yellow text on a white background.<br><br>~ (how many tildes should I add after all that?)<br><br>
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 29, 2001 @ 5:10pm

I'd say around 7 tildes would be sufficient.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » May 29, 2001 @ 9:08pm

I don't know what it would entail, but having the ability to accept payments and allowing secure downloads of commercial software would really help. I've got a commercial app nearly ready for release, and Argentum is nearing completion. It would be cool if these could be purchased through Pocket Matrix, with automated immediate downloading. That could be a source of income for Pocket Matrix, which could then be used to increase the content and updating frequency, and provide prizes for contests, etc. For example, I would like to have my new app hosted here, including a discussion board, but currently I would have to send people somewhere else to purchase it (if I didn't handle them manually through paypal).<br><br>It would also be cool to be able to tell how many people have viewed posted messages.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Chris Edwards » May 29, 2001 @ 9:22pm

Dan, I hope to open a merchant account soon. Which would allow us to offer a service like Handago/PocketGear. We would probably charge 12-15% depending on the price of the product.<br><br>And yes, we do need a few contests, and more updates on the site!<br><br>This forum has the ability to display amount of times the post has been read, but I took that feature out because it took up too much space on the index page (for pocket pc screen). I will include it on the new version of the site.<br><br>And no, We probably won't have any neato flash menu's for you... or we would make it an option.<br><br>You will be able to comment on everything pretty much, including articles, news, howto's, etc.<br><br>I am thinking of opening an IRC chat up. We would put up an HTML client online for those of you on Pocket PC's without an IRC Client. We would not use a cheezy java client... cause those suck.<br><br>Thanks for your comments guy's. Keep 'em comming! :)<br><br>
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby randall » May 29, 2001 @ 9:35pm

A larger howto section would be good. There are alot of smart people visiting this site. In order to find information related to PocketPC, the first place I look is here. Usually the answer is buried somewhere in the Forums.<br><br>Particularly media related stuff. I know a little about MP3 and MPEG, but not nearly as much as some of the other regulars.<br><br>I realize this a huge task, but there must be a way to archive the wealth of information here.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 29, 2001 @ 9:43pm

yes, chat is good. I must be op in chat thou :) but it'd be cool, cause i could be bot master. My friends really good at irc scripting and he could make a pocketMatrix irc script for the admin. that'd be nice.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 5:28am

is this happening any time soon?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Chris Edwards » Jun 21, 2001 @ 4:38pm

oh.. ummm.... yes.. very soon~<br><br>I'm working on it ok! I'm out of school now, so I will work on it a lot this following week.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Paul » Jun 21, 2001 @ 6:27pm

hmm... "haven't heard that before"
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 7:00pm

''That's right, we haven't"<br><br>(what's with the quotes Paul? You can SHUT UP)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 10:00pm

moose taken offense to stupid stufff :/
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 21, 2001 @ 10:00pm

moose taken offense to stupid stufff :/
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Site Announcements/Feedback

Sort

Forum Description

Have anything to say about PocketMatrix.com? Looking for info on the latest happenings at PocketMatrix.com?

Moderators:

sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions