Producer, Platforms & Expansions
PopCap Games a founding member of the casual games market is growing and looking for great talent to join our fantastic team! PopCap Games is known for repeatedly producing industry-leading games such as Bejeweled, Zuma, and Bookworm. These games reach millions of customers across a variety of online, mobile, and retail channels worldwide. Are you ready for the best job of your life?
PopCap Games is looking for an experienced game producer to oversee the adaptation of existing PopCap titles to new platforms (i.e. consoles, web-based operating systems) as well as new products that expand upon some of our most successful titles.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a small number of projects at one time, ensuring that each product takes full advantage of the target platform as well as meeting our uncompromising quality standards.
Primary Job Duties:
• Work with in-house development teams to understand the “soul” of an existing game and identify the modifications and new features that will best take advantage of target platforms
• Create project specs to capture a project’s vision, budget, and schedule, for both internal and outsource development consumption
• Own and enforce the creative vision for a project, ensuring that each platform adaptation embraces the elements that made the original IP great, while exploiting the potential of the target platform
• Act as an advocate for projects within the studio to gather feedback and generate excitement among key creative stakeholders at the company
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure projects are being developed on time, on budget, and at an acceptable level of quality and polish
• Bridge the gap between PopCap internal studio and outside developers by communicating creative feedback, bugs, and schedule expectations between the two teams
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• 2+ years experience as a producer or project manager in the games industry
• A good understanding of games with the ability to identify flaws in design, art, and “feel”
• Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback
• Good understanding of the game development process, from planning and budgeting through final release
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
Bonus Points for:
• Casual game industry experience
• Experience shipping titles on one or more current and next-gen platforms, especially through outsource developers
• Bachelor degree in computer science and/or related field and experience
PopCap offers competitive salaries and the following comprehensive benefits:
• Health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance.
• 401k matching, profit sharing, bonuses, and stock options.
• Transportation allowance, education reimbursement, charitable gift matching.
For immediate consideration please forward resume, outline of relevant experience with any links or online portfolios, etc, current and expected salary along with availability for a phone conversation to Andrea Clarke - email@example.com
Please feel free to forward to others that may be interested.
- for PopCap Games