What have I been up to lately? Not much.. Except for this then...
Check out the web site during the next 24 hours for full documentation, downloads, and demonstrations. Some of the cooler things:
(1) Games run in fullscreen when run on a stationary PC (so you can sell your games for both Windows and Pocket PCs at the same time)!
(2) Photoshop effects! A 100% identical implementation of Hue-adjustment and colorization is implemented (same luminance->new/shifted chroma). No cheap multiply effect in this implementation!
(3) Fully object oriented. You use surfaces like with DirectDraw (but with a simpler interface than IDIRECTDRAW7).
(4) Fully compatible with DirectDraw. Porting games to Pocket PCs couldn't be easier.
(5) A new, extremely optimized internal architecture that is very easy to expand (advanced used of templates/inlines).
(6) Supports all Pocket PCs.
(7) No startup-logo.
(8) No MFC! Use it with C, C++ or whatever.
I will release both GapiDraw + GapiTools without logo and support for all Pocket PCs and x86 at the same time. Tomorrow.