This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Programs I want to see on my PDA

Programs I want to see on my PDA

Postby NovaPhoenix » Apr 19, 2001 @ 10:36pm

Ok, I dont know if these programs exsist on PDA yet, but this is what I want! :><br><br>1- A Mod player (thing that plays digital music)<br>2- Divx Codex<br>3- Stunts the game (see other threds)<br>4- Raiden 2 (that plane game with huge guns at the arcade)<br>5- A Today screen that shows my appointments a few week/months in advance<br>6- A hacking program so i can take over people's mobile phones<br>7- A universal remote, so I am king of the TV once more<br>8- Something to delete Pocket Excel, Money, Outlook and all those other annoying programs I dont want<br>9- MS Paint!!!!!  Or something like on Pocket Reader when you choose add drawing option, and you can like choose the color from the picky box thingy, and the nice crisp lines, or something more like the way ya can draw in Shockwave Flash programming, i forget what its called.<br>10- Proper networking code through USB cradel<br>11- finger scan device, so if anyone touches it but me, it gives off an electric zap and fries them!!!!!<br>12- Halo (nuff sed)<br><br>If anyone else can think of ideas post it here, so people out in the community get the idea, or if you know of places to get programs like this tell us :>
I now GOT a PDA... And its kicking up a tantrum!
NovaPhoenix
pm Member

Re: Programs I want to see on my PDA

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 19, 2001 @ 11:35pm

1- A Mod player<br>Here's two: 1}(click on ::Productions) 2}<br><br>2- Divx Codex<br>Not yet. Someone will have to port the code to Windows CE. By the way, it's now (OpenDivX) which has be written from scratch (that means it's legal to compress video using OpenDivX.)<br><br>3- Stunts the game & 4- Raiden 2<br>You'll have to wait for the publisher to strike a deal to port them or open source the code and wait some more for somebody to port it.<br><br>5- A Today screen that shows my appointments a few week/months in advance<br>Sorry, don't know of a program like that off the top of my head.<br><br>6- A hacking program so i can take over people's mobile phones<br>It's a hardware thing, not a software thing. Besides, I wouldn't point you to it anyways.<br><br>7- A universal remote, so I am king of the TV once more<br>Sorry, but your IrDA 1.2 port doesn't have the range (less than a foot.) I doubt anyone is going to make a CompactFlash module to do that.<br><br>8- Something to delete Pocket Excel, Money, Outlook and all those other annoying programs I dont want<br>You can delete them yourself, but it's not going to help you any since it's in the rom.<br><br>9- MS Paint!!!!!<br>Pocket Paint was included in the WinCE 2.11 PowerToys - which I can't find on Microsoft's site anymore :(<br>Or something like ... the way ya can draw in Shockwave Flash programming, i forget what its called.<br>I believe you mean vector drawing. The only program I know of so far is .<br><br>10- Proper networking code through USB cradel<br>Again, it's a hardware thing.<br><br>11- finger scan device, so if anyone touches it but me, it gives off an electric zap and fries them!!!!!<br>I don't know of any that zap, and I only know of CardBus types, which won't work even in an PC Card sleeved iPAQ. (PC Card proceded CardBus, i.e. it's not fowards compatible.)<br><br>12- Halo<br>See the responce to items 3 & 4.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 20, 2001 @ 12:36am

A Today screen that shows my appointments a few week/months in advance <br>http://www.snoopsoft.com/pocketpc/dashboard.html<br><br>Dashboard.. it also skins your entire today page... pretty damn cool app.<br><br>Proper Networking through the USB cradle... WinGate<br>http://www.foliage.com/ce/ibrowser/utilities/wg21d95.exe<br>or<br>http://www.foliage.com/ce/ibrowser/utilities/wg21dnt.exe<br>you can try messing around with this app: It seems like it might work.<br><br>Why do you want a Mod player?  You can get a perfectly good Midi player from here http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~k-akixx/index.html (Japanese site) the prog is called MiMidi<br><br>
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 20, 2001 @ 11:10am

I thought WinGate only allowed Internet proxying. Meerly sharing an Internet connection is not what I'd call "proper" networking.<br><br>As for Mod files, they neerly always sound nicer than software synthesized MIDI playback. (The Module community has it's share of cruddy music. But so does everything else.) The playback can be of CD quality with only a fraction of the storage space.Last modification: SonicSilicon - 04/20/01 at 08:10:31
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 20, 2001 @ 12:51pm

You may be right about Wingate, I've never really played around with it.. <br><br>But I completely disagree with you on the Midi vs. Mod thing.  Althouugh some Mod files can be well above CD quality (98kHz vs 41kHz) the voicings on every player on any card have never matched up to any good Midi file on my Sound Blaster Live, especially when you get into custom wavetables/soundfonts which can alos play back waves, thus Midis at 41kHz... :D
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 21, 2001 @ 4:04am

I concer with Jaybot's analysis.
Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 22, 2001 @ 2:40am

Actually, Jaybot, I have a SoundBlaste Live!, also (with a Cambridge SoundWorks 4 point speaker set :)) I do have to agree that the Live! can kick many MODules patooties, but I don't see any PPCs coming out with EMU10Ks in them. I was trying to stress quality, file size, and compatibility. MOD files do great (but not fantastic) in all three areas (i.e. they're not as small as MIDIs and not as easy to produce as MP3s or WMAs.)<br><br>By the way, I made a Enviromental Audio setting that automatically restores most frequencies lost in 8-bit audio. It should also work on audio with low a frequency range such as 11 khz .WAV files (ah, the old days of compression.)
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions