This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Village Ideot

Re: Village Ideot

Postby Diego Cueva » Apr 21, 2001 @ 4:41am

Oh.... And it is some kind of obligatory knowledge test in U.S., right? Or is it like IQ tests?
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Apr 21, 2001 @ 4:56am

You don't have them? We do SATS in the UK too, but we workin in percent i think. You do them at about 11 - before you go to high school...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Diego Cueva » Apr 21, 2001 @ 5:29am

We have a general test called "Provão" - The translation of it from portuguese to english is something like "Big Test" ;D<br><br>Diego Cueva
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Dr. Phat » Apr 21, 2001 @ 5:46am

Its nso nice to know that moose has a sound educational future! But good job on that moose, this 8th grade kid i know, (a real jackass) took the SAT's because he thought he was so smart, and his parents alwas told him he was, it turns out that he got a 408 or something shitty like that. heh, what a jerk.  Thats less than the average 4th grader scores on the SAT's if they take them.
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Paul » Apr 21, 2001 @ 5:55am

I know loads of people like that. They have good memories so they're good in exams but they're really 'slow' people
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 21, 2001 @ 6:33am

Scholastic Aptitude Test - SAT.  And my prize for doing so well was a Compaq Ipaq!
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 21, 2001 @ 7:28am

alot of people that get good grades  and test good on other Standardized  tests bomb the sat's thats why they are gonna go away, they are an unfair test towards inner city children that havve no chance of knowing havve the shit on it but are still smart.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 21, 2001 @ 9:25am

What are you talking about Chuck... Any way I am just posting to get promoted right now, plus I am bored.Last modification: Village Ideot - 04/21/01 at 06:25:28
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 22, 2001 @ 5:24am

i'm talking about the fact that aloot of colleges now are not taking the SAT as a life or death issue anymore they don't really care about it :P and o ya<br><br>THIS IS MY 350th POST i'm so cool. i own you :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 22, 2001 @ 5:53am

Ya, they don't accept SAT or PSAT scores at the university in California. And lots of colleges are following suit. I'm hoping that it will have spread to Georgia Tech or Florida Southern College within the year, so I don't have to worry about the SATs much.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 22, 2001 @ 9:21am

awww, but I did well....
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 22, 2001 @ 9:21am

Heres 50!
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 22, 2001 @ 9:22am

Yeesh, how many till I am promoted?
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 23, 2001 @ 2:47am

I don't think the SAT is going to be thrown away, but possibly modified... I kind of like the SATs and I did horrible on them. it was like an 1100 or something 600reading and 500math (of course I partied the nite before the test and was puking in the bathroom during the 15 minute break... :D but that's beside hte point)  The SAT almost resembles and IQ test, in the fact that it represents how well the test taker is able to learn.. if they've prepared for it (e.g. taking a PSAT or PSAT course ,etc.); if not prepared for a a PSAT was never taken it's been shown that kids do horrible and have to take it a second time and do much better (10-25% increase) the second time... I'm not really ure where I'm going with this.... I just think that for the SAT to continue to be effective, they should offer more FREE PSAT classes.. or have it required to take a PSAT course before you can take the SAT.  Besides the ACT sounds cheesy :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 23, 2001 @ 4:59am

What they to do is quit "teaching to the test." The test should be modified to what is being taught, not teaching being modified by the test.
Moose or Chuck

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions