This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

GBA

GBA

Postby gary » Apr 4, 2001 @ 4:25pm

I can't launch GBA roms ----April fool!!!
gary

Re: GBA

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 29, 2001 @ 7:11pm

And this year's winner of the Ideot Award goes to.....<br><br>Gary!<br>Looks like the reining champ, the Village Ideot, has lost his coveted award.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Apr 29, 2001 @ 7:20pm

I was going to reply to this but i noticed he posted it on April 4... dunno how it got to the top of the board
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 29, 2001 @ 8:06pm

Woops, I didn't see that. But still
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 29, 2001 @ 8:35pm

welll, i'm talking to the guy who made iGBA the gba advance emu for pc, and i  might be able to get source code...
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 30, 2001 @ 6:10pm

chuck, igba already runs slow enough on my 850athlon!  can't wait to play it on the PPC! :D  actually, since you say you have actual GBA roms for it, do they run any better than the crap demos?
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 1, 2001 @ 9:44pm

yes, f-zero ran fine on my k-2 450 with 64 meg o ram, it runs good, and actually gba being a ARM the iPaq should have good playback. you'd just have to figure out how to launch an ASM prog from a rom file :) now mips should run maybe playable
Moose or Chuck

Postby Diego Cueva » May 1, 2001 @ 9:51pm

GBA graphics isn´t very much better than a SNES, and if I can play SNES in my iPAQ, why not GBA?<br><br>Last modification: Diego Cueva - 05/01/01 at 18:51:21
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 2, 2001 @ 6:24pm

Because the GBA is not even out yet, so how would we know how it runs, let alone make it run faster on a CPU it wasn't made for (other than the iPaq's ARM of course).
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » May 2, 2001 @ 6:47pm

The GBA is out in Japan, of course, you wouldn't know this because it's one of those knowledge only known by people who pay attention to crappy evil console thingies. :)<br>And by Chucks description of the way roms run on a 450... i'm guessing that games could run about as fast as sukons snesce emulator at 15fps....
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Diego Cueva » May 2, 2001 @ 7:02pm

I read tons of reviews about GBA. It´s noot all that good like people say...  Small screen, 2d games, blablabla... Well, at least it doesn´t have GX.dll errors... :)

SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 2, 2001 @ 7:10pm

Yeah and the  the Handspring, the clie,  and the Palm aren't as good as they say, especially if you don't own one.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 2, 2001 @ 7:31pm

2-D Games are the best kind. And they have games like Doom for it, that will be a release title I think. It takes advantage of the 4-way multiplayer through the infra-red port on the GBA. Sure that may not be 3D, but's not 2D either. And I'm sure PocketQuake could run on it, atleast at 15 FPS, but they won't release a console game that only runs at that speed.<br>[edit]<br>Damn YaBB bugs.Last modification: Moose Master - 05/02/01 at 16:31:56
Moose or Chuck

Postby Diego Cueva » May 2, 2001 @ 9:27pm

PQ on a GBA? uhmm.... are you sure? anyway, <br>the screen is small and it is not touch sensitive. The cartige format is old and blablabla... But, hey! Don´t get me wrong, I had different GBs for the last ~7 years and I know it´s a great gaming device... <br><br>...But then I sold my GB Color and bought an iPAQ...<br><br>Last modification: Diego Cueva - 05/02/01 at 18:27:59

SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 3, 2001 @ 3:07pm

I'm not saying that the GBA Advanced is more powerful than a pocket pc. I'm just saying that it has the power to run Quake on it, if it's optimised fully of course. And at around 15FPS. But now I'm just repeating myself.
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions