This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

DVDs

DVDs

Postby mulakam » May 13, 2001 @ 5:46pm

I'm new to this whole DVD ripping thing, and I would prefer to only put specific scenes on my PocketPC instead of putting whole movies (ie subway shootout from matrix, colosseum from Gladiator, etc). How would those of you who know what you are doing recommend I go about doing this? Would I need an additional special program?<br><br>Thanks.
mulakam

Re: DVDs

Postby Matt Keys » May 13, 2001 @ 6:58pm

I suggest you get a program called "dvd2avi" that will let you crop out the sections of the movie you dont want. There is a nice how-to for using dvd2avi and tmpgenc over at vcdhelp.com Of course that is not PocketPC specific so you will need to change the screen size and such.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » May 13, 2001 @ 7:37pm

If you use SmartRipper to get the VOBs off the DVD then you can selectively choose the exact chapters that you want to rip.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Chris Edwards » May 13, 2001 @ 10:53pm

I would go with Dan's suggestion. I'll probably modify the howto to use smartripper. CladDVD is really easy to use, which is why I decided to use it.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 14, 2001 @ 6:01pm

Just rip the specific Chapters off the DVD like Dan East mentioned, then use TMPGEnc, which allows you to set a starting and ending frame, so you can cut out or add/delete anything that isn't/is in the chapter that you do/don't want. I've done that before, very effective, and easy.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions