This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Streaming with IPAQ - Help needed!!!

Streaming with IPAQ - Help needed!!!

Postby Martin » May 21, 2001 @ 6:48am

Can anyone give me details where I can get information on the best settings to create a streming Video for Pocket TV.<br>I plan to stream the movie over 802.11b Wireless LAN to 3 Ipaq Clients.<br>My questions:<br>- How many kb/s might still be good???<br>- how many fps???<br>- what else to configure?<br>- where is the bottleneck, is it the streaming or the speed of the ipaq?<br>Thanks for your help!!!
Martin

Re: Streaming with IPAQ - Help needed!!!

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 21, 2001 @ 7:13am

You want to put your iPaq in a stream?~<br>Well, the bottleneck would be the iPaqs, so I'd keep the kb/s right at around 400kbps. Make sure the screen size still 320x240 (landscape) or 240x144 (or something, for portrait). I'd also Set as many of those de-ghost and artifact removal settings as possible so it looks good on the iPaq's small screen.
Moose or Chuck

Re: Streaming with IPAQ - Help needed!!!

Postby Chris Edwards » May 21, 2001 @ 12:14pm

Try downloading some of the high-res multimedia clips from our multimedia section and see how they work streaming over Wireless LAN. If it works great, than I can give you some more information.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions