This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Question about screen protector!

Question about screen protector!

Postby Simon Wong » Apr 9, 2001 @ 10:13am

Did anyone know how to place their screen protector without making any "pop" or I could say smoothly on the screen? If so, how did you guys do it and what kind of tools you did use to do it?<br>
Simon Wong

Re: Question about screen protector!

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 9, 2001 @ 10:25am

I assume "pop" means air bubble. I used a ConceptKitchen WriteRight which came with a plastic card. You could use a business card or stiff something cut to the width of your screen.<br><br>You start by getting one edge down while holding the rest of the protector off the screen. Then take the card (or whatever you came up with), press an edge of it down on the screen where you started putting the protector on, and slowly push the card across the screen until the procttor is on. If any bubbles occur, peel the protector back to that section and then continue moving the card across.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 9, 2001 @ 11:27am

Or you can just ignore the bubbles for a week and they'll go away.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Creacher » Apr 14, 2001 @ 2:42pm

I, too, have a writeright from conceptkitchen... however i dont suggest u buy it unless u like to waist money like me<br><br><br>the FRIGGIN PLASTIC COVERS (which has about 20)<br><br>is 30.00<br><br>i know, its not a whole bunch.. but plastic covers for godsakes!!
Creacher

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 15, 2001 @ 12:06pm

I suppose I should have emphasied "used" in my previous post. Personally, I don't like them for many reasons including; darkens display, slight blurring, input becomes more skewed than without one, funny fealing when pen-inputting, and, yes, the nuisence of removing bubbbles.<br><br>I had used one on my Philips Nino because I was afraid the hard plastic stylus might scratch the screen. Now I have a Cassiopeia, the stylus of which has a hard plastic barrel but a soft plastic tip. There just seems to be no need for the screen protector on it.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 15, 2001 @ 8:46pm

Alright. I'm looking for a really good stylus. I want one that is a combo between a pen and  stylus with a soft rubber tip. I also want it to fit into my stylus container on my Casio. Please help me. I don't even know where to start looking. I'm not up to date on PaperMate's website ):(
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 16, 2001 @ 2:59am

Thanks Sonic. I'm looking into that specific stylus.
Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 16, 2001 @ 3:23am

I just ordered one (US$12.99) along with a three-pack of Cassiopeia replacement styli (now each of our Casio's at home will have a replacement for just $10.99.) I threw in a red and a green ink replacement ($0.99 each) to bump my order up to $25.96 so I get the free shipping. I also put in for the engraving (i guess the shipping will take a little longer.) Once I get it I'll tell you how well it works (and whether or not i actually get the engraving.Last modification: SonicSilicon - 04/16/01 at 00:23:50
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 16, 2001 @ 3:24am

Moose, I think you'd like the . It has:<br>* Metal barrel (-black)<br>* Replaceable plastic tip<br>* Retractable, replaceable ink cartridge (available in balck, blue, red, and green ink.)<br>* Slim form factor to fit in your stylus silo. (Well, it should fit in the Cassiopeia stylus slot.)<br>* Reset pin hidden under clicker.<br>Made by ttools, inc., it's mainly distributed by Fellowes (which means you'll see it under both brand's names.) The MSRP is US$12.99.<br><br>If you buy it from they'll give you free engraving for up to four letters (hmm, MOOS.) Plus shipping is only $3.50 for ground and free if your order is above $25.00.Last modification: SonicSilicon - 04/16/01 at 00:24:30
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » Apr 16, 2001 @ 3:29am

Why dont you get the stylus from Tiffany's? lol
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 16, 2001 @ 3:59am

Huh? Just what does that Tiffany's remark mean, Phat? BTW, nice to see you around again.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 16, 2001 @ 4:09am

Is he talking about breakfast at Tiffany's, Tiffany's the retail outlet, or Tiffany: the Blue Dog?
Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 17, 2001 @ 2:24am

I guess Phat's busy reading up on all the other threads on the message board.<br><br>My styli shipped today and are scheduled to be delivered tommorow. (It's nice having a vendor just one state away :) ) Guess I'll have my comments on the SLIMpoint by the end of the week.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » Apr 17, 2001 @ 4:24am

Tiffany's: the fancy jewelry store. Jesus Christ, like in breakfast at tiffany's!
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 17, 2001 @ 4:38am

I like Tiffany the Blue Dog. She's cute lookin'
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions