This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Ttool's SLIMpoint stylus review/comments

Ttool's SLIMpoint stylus review/comments

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 19, 2001 @ 6:08am

I just recieved the my SLIMpoint pen / stylus today. The SLIMpoint is also distributed by Fellowes. It was ordered from for US $12.99. I chose StylusCentral because I got free shipping for my full order that was above $25 ($3.50 ground for orders under $25.) Plus they gave me free engraving of up to four letters on the stylus.<br><br>I will call to your attention that the SLIMpoint is designed for Palm PDAs. The only reason I actually ordered it is because my Cassiopeia E-105 can hold many different types of styli because the silo (stylus hole) is slotted fairly far down (about half the original stylus length) unlike many other Palm-size or Pocket PCs. I have to admit I cannot just put the SLIMpoint in and it will sit fine. It does fit quite well, however, if the nib on the side is slid down the outside of the silo's slot. It hold's well as long as I remember to retact the pen.<br><br>Speaking of the pen, it seems to be the SLIMpoint's only shortcoming. While it retracts and extends easily, the pen is of a fine point. (Most pens you buy have a medium point.) This results in writing and drawing that is not as bold as most people are used to with pens.<br><br>As for the stylus tip, it works fantastic. The feel it has while gliding over my screen is akin to a pencil on fine paper. I appreciate that very much.<br><br>The hold is a bit awkward at first since the stylus is shorter and slimmer than any of the ones that come with PsPCs or PPCs by default. I have become accostemed to it quite rapidly. Yes, I have had it less than a day, but I believe part of the reason is that I previously had a Nino with which the stylus was neerly as slim as the SLIMpoint.<br><br>Overall I recommend it to any one with a Cassiopeia who wants or needs a pen with their PDA often. For other Pocker and Palm-size PCs, I cannot say anything because, as I mentioned earlier, the stylus silo may not acommidate for the SLIMpoint's size and design.<br><br>  -Michael Dubois<br><br>P.S. The custom engraving from StylusCentral was not quite as deep as I would hope, but is legible. On my SLIMpoint the engraving was filled with gold coloring, which shows up well against it's black metal. I do not know if they use different colorings for different color styli. You will have to contact StylusCentral for information.<br>Last modification: SonicSilicon - 04/19/01 at 03:08:33
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Re: Ttool's SLIMpoint stylus review/comments

Postby Diego Cueva » Apr 19, 2001 @ 6:37am

Does it fit in the iPAQ slot too?
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 19, 2001 @ 6:49am

Moose or Chuck

Postby Diego Cueva » Apr 19, 2001 @ 7:05am

--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions