This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problems Transferring Files to Ipaq

Problems Transferring Files to Ipaq

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 18, 2001 @ 7:41am

Maybe it is just because I am a newbie, but how can I send files to the Ipaq?  I cant get .exe files to send, but I can send them zipped.  Of course if I send them zipped then they dont work.  The same goes for the pak0.pak.gz file.  It will send if it is pak0.pak.gz.zip, but it wont send as pak0.pak.gz.  It wont let me drag and drop, copy and paste, or cut and paste.  I even tried to "Send File To" but once i click Mobile Device it doesn't do anything.  I am running ME and I have an H3670 Ipaq if that helps.  I don't know why this stuff won't work.  Please help a stupid newbie ???Last modification: Village Ideot - 04/18/01 at 04:41:26
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Re: Problems Transferring Files to Ipaq

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 18, 2001 @ 8:18am

Someone reply, I need HELP, this thing doesn't work!
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 18, 2001 @ 8:52am

you really depress me... if you use HANDY ZIP u can unzip zipped files on your ppc... get it at http://www.zdnet.com and i have no clue why you ppc won't sync normal stuff but i'm claiming user error
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 19, 2001 @ 3:56am

Does it give you an error message?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 20, 2001 @ 10:59pm

It doesn't give me an error, it just doesn't do it.  It did sync to my documents, but won't to My Pocket PC.  Then I use File Explorer to paste it to My Pocket PC.  It didn't work the first time and gave me a file sharing error.  I tried it again and it worked.  Weird...
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions