This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Customizing CE

Customizing CE

Postby W3bD£v1l » May 5, 2001 @ 4:38pm

I've seen lots of screen shots of PPCs where they have somhow managed to change the color of the status bar/start bar (if its called that) so just how do they do it? Because I really want my PocketPC to look the way my Pc does with a 'Horned Reaper' Desktop Theme<br><br>Note: Horned Reaper is a trademark of Bullfrog corp. I'll post the theme i made on my web site if anyone wants to download it, along with some TI-83 Programs I've written, including a shoot'em-up on a calculator!! And thay said that caculators were non-violent, ha! ;-)
W3bD£v1l
pm Member

Re: Customizing CE

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 4:41pm

i own you at calc programming, soorry dude, but i only go with the best TI-86 ur ti-83 suux my penis,  and to change ur today screen and stuff like that get gigabar or dashboard or Wis bar they all do different things check them out.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Chris Edwards » May 5, 2001 @ 5:04pm

Are there any TI emulators for pocket pc?... gimme, gimme... oh.. and chuck.. be nicer to people plz :).
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 5:06pm

i wish there was a TI emu for ppc u know how cool that'd be i could play Plane Jump and Super Mario on my ppc omg that'd be sweeeeeeeeeeeee.. There are pc emu's somebody port it!!!!!!
Moose or Chuck

wait a sec

Postby W3bD£v1l » May 5, 2001 @ 5:51pm

This string had nothing to do with TI-86 but how do you make Super Mario or Snake for TI-83, i've seen freins using Snake on TI, can you give me the source code?<br>
W3bD£v1l
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 6:00pm

well noo, because its all programmed in ASM (assembly programming). See the processor for the TI is the same as the processor for a Gameboy. And for gamyboys like TI's they use assembly to create moost of the games. Yes basic is used for most math programs but it is incredibly slow for any form of Graphical games. Sure if you want to make a cool drugwars clone go right ahead and use basic. But if you want any game with large amounts of speed use Assembly. Assembly is a very complicated and confusing language. It is extremely repetive and the code looks like u need a secret decoder ring to read it. I know a little assembly but i haven't tried much. If you want to learn alot more about calc programming i suggest you check out http://www.ticalc.org/ they are the number one place for calculator gaming and programming.  Now that said, to run ASM games you must have a shell. Because asm is not compiled it is just run. I have written a shell for TI-86 and there are many more available on ticalc.org's site for any TI calc except like the ti-81 or 80. any of the really cheap crappy calcs don't have a easy way to run assembly and they're processor is incredbly crappy. Now if you'd like to see some nice Basic programming i have many prog's written the problem is your TI-83 is pppoooooooo. TI-83's won't run ti-86 games or programs. Get a 86 or an 89 i know its more money but its so worth it. The screen resolution is better, the refresh rate is alot better the processors are faster ... they're just better. You can go and download Super mario and plain jump the best games out for calc for you ti-83 but the mario for 83 kindof sucks. i have an 83, and a 86 along with a casio cfg-9700 so if you need programming help for any of those i can be of assistance.
Moose or Chuck

Chat

Postby W3bD£v1l » May 5, 2001 @ 6:04pm

is this a chat room?
W3bD£v1l
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 6:09pm

umm i'm thinking no.
Moose or Chuck

Postby W3bD£v1l » May 5, 2001 @ 6:10pm

do you have a hotmail account?
W3bD£v1l
pm Member

Postby Paul » May 5, 2001 @ 6:17pm

Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 6:19pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » May 5, 2001 @ 11:29pm

Well, since this has turned into a TI calc discussion...<br><br>I've got a TI-92 (can't beat that one Chuck :).) Of course I can't remember which of the 80 series models it is and isn't compatible with (mainly beacause I use my color Casio more. (No NOT my WinCE machine.)) It is a Motorola 68000 chip inside running at 10 Mhz, so the GameBoy emu should work -- if there's a wrapper for the 92. I'll check the ticalc site.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 11:45pm

well sortof but u can't download 'roms' per say, you'd have to dump an asm into a rom tooooo confusing. ANd Z80 is the processor of a gameboy not motorola. its the same in the ti-8x series.
Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » May 6, 2001 @ 1:32am

Yeah, I know the Z80 is what runs the GameBoy. I said the 92 should be able to run the emu since it has a 68000 like the 83 has. In other words, it runs the same ASM as the 83 (not the GB.)<br><br>As for the Z80, that thing gets around. In fact it's in my watch (Timex Datalink) as well as making an appearence in early computers (Apple and Timex Sinclair and probably others I can't think of right now.)<br><br>Talk about off topic. This has nothing to do with PocketPCs. He he :)
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 6, 2001 @ 2:30am

well the Ti 86 also has a z80 i thought all TI calcs did, infact i'm quite sure<br>maybe the 92 doens't but i'm prety sure the 83 does... hrmmmmm....
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions