This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Toshiba e800/e805

Toshiba e800/e805

Postby NightStar » Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:13pm

I will live forever, or die trying!
NightStar
pm Member

Postby Guest » Jan 17, 2004 @ 3:43am

Postby NightStar » Jan 18, 2004 @ 12:20am

NightStar
pm Member

Postby Arisme » Jan 19, 2004 @ 8:09am

Arisme
pm Insider

Postby NightStar » Jan 19, 2004 @ 10:58am

NightStar
pm Member

Postby Arisme » Jan 19, 2004 @ 11:51am

Arisme
pm Insider

Postby NightStar » Jan 19, 2004 @ 6:39pm

NightStar
pm Member

Postby Guest » Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:28am

e805

Postby tifoso » Feb 6, 2004 @ 2:24am

I got an e80x. Tried Fate of Atlantis (Talkie) in QVGA, works like a charm naturally as with any other XScale system. Other games I'm sure will run just fine. A few issues for Arisme to address. Keyboard doesn't work in VGA mode, is that a byproduct of the fact that the game is only taking up part of the screen? Also mapping the freelook button and pressing it alternately connects and disconnects the handheld from hotsync. Maybe it's been addressed here already, and maybe it's the contacts button i mapped it to that's causing the problem, will try soon. But those are the minor issues I'm having so far. Keep it uppppp!... and I want VGA support nowwwww!
tifoso
pm Member

Postby tifoso » Feb 6, 2004 @ 2:27am

Oh yea, no sound or stylus issues so far. Gotta try Monkey Island 1 & 2 now
:)
Cheers
-Ace
tifoso
pm Member

Postby Arisme » Feb 6, 2004 @ 7:37am

Arisme
pm Insider

Postby Guest » Feb 6, 2004 @ 8:23pm

Postby Guest » Feb 7, 2004 @ 3:01pm

Postby tifoso » Feb 7, 2004 @ 6:50pm

i actually had to do a hard reset when i switched over to landscape mode from portrait mode in vga. screen taps stopped responding even after soft reset (when the system asked for my 4-digit password). this happened right when i switched modes using that button on the standard toolbar.
tifoso
pm Member

Postby tifoso » Feb 7, 2004 @ 7:10pm

to be specific, i was switching from portrait to landscape while i was in vga mode in portrait mode.

are you gonna add support to make the game rotate to any orientation? that would be handy in consideration to the "limitations"
and quirks of the ResFix programs. doesn't seem necessary to delve into specifics since orientation would seem like a pretty simple, efficient operation. decimal resizing, naturally, makes the game look like crap.

as far as supporting vga, what have you found in your experience in coding and all to be the best way to stretch the image? in my experience in actually playing games and movies so far with my e805, there's a bit of a performance hit when simply scaling the image. pockettv for example has even supposedly supported ATI scaling and optimizations but frankly many of my movies still run slow as molasses.

this is of course going with the knowledge that scumm runs in 320x200. many of you might say why not just play it in qvga mode? well the two seconds it may take to do a soft reset when switching resolutions, not much longer than a pc, is well... inconvenient.
so it seems like the best way, considering the native resolution of the scumm engine looks great already, is to simply double the size. how easy/hard is that to do? what are your intentions while you're doing all this? obviously i'm not a technical guru when it comes to this stuff so help me out.

i can't say who uses what more, landscape or portrait vga mode. while i find landscape really cool, portrait mode is lacking support as it is. so the only truly useful thing in landscape mode is web browsing, file management. all this is irrelevent of course so long as being able to flip the scumm screen however we want is implemented.

is there any way to take advantage of the toshiba's 2mb of video ram? it seems overkill since things already run so smoothly, but it'll definitely help when optimizing for 480x640 (640x480) support.

and of course, take your time and hurry up. and keep up the good work.
-Ryan
tifoso
pm Member

Return to Pocket Scumm

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port of ScummVM for the Pocket PC.

Moderators:

sponge, Arisme, andys

Forum permissions