This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketHAL blocking alarms and incoming emails

PocketHAL blocking alarms and incoming emails

Postby PsychoChris » Jul 13, 2009 @ 7:32pm

Hello Thierry,

i found that a fullscreen application using PocketHAL (e.g. fireworks sample) is blocking all alarms and incoming emails. They only fire up after the application using PocketHAL has terminated. I also created a fullscreen application without PocketHAL and that doesn't block those events. You can easily reproduce this by setting up an alarm and executing the fireworks sample.
Now the question is how this can be? Is this by design? If yes how can i work around this since i need those events to get fired?

Regards,
Chris
PsychoChris
pm Member

Postby PsychoChris » Jul 13, 2009 @ 8:15pm

Hello Thierry,

i did some additional tests and installed SPB Brain Evolution (fullscreen game using EDGELIB) and Resco Guardians (fullscreen game using GapiDraw). SPB Brain Evolution didn't block alarms or emails although running in fullscreen. So i guess there should be a way around this issue. And Resco Guardians behaves the same like the fireworks sample. No alarms were fired and no emails arrived until the game terminated.

Regards,
Chris
PsychoChris
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Jul 17, 2009 @ 7:49pm

The mystery has been solved and a fix will be in the next release.
Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Jul 23, 2009 @ 6:20am

Fixed in 1.0.7. The problem wasn't in PocketHAL but in the samples.
Kzinti
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions