This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Unsupported display when executed during startup

Unsupported display when executed during startup

Postby Johnny242 » Jul 23, 2008 @ 2:36pm

Hi Johan,
I'm almost done writing my first application using gapidraw and i have hit my first major issue. When my windows CE image loads up the desktop (explorer.exe) I can execute my software without a problem.

If i change the windows CE image to load up my program instead of the explorer.exe process i get the unsupported display error.

Is there any way around this? I would like the CE device to boot into the gapidraw application, and not have the user use the windows desktop at all!

I tried executing another app prior to the gapidraw app starting so there's at least one more window running at the same time but i still can't get it to work.

If i have another win app running, which starts my gapidraw app, it opens the display, then closes it straight away (getting objectDisposedExceptions)..

In case you didn't realise - I'm using the .net wrapper too.

Thanks,
John
Johnny242
pm Member

Postby Johnny242 » Jul 24, 2008 @ 12:14am

When i start up a native gapidraw app (plasma.exe) i get a dialog saying that the application requires a 16-bit pocket pc or smartphone.

I think either the gapidraw library needs the explorer.exe process running (or depends on one), or the display isn't configured correctly until explorer.exe starts..

Edit: The display seems to be configured properly, the resolution, bits per pixel, number of colours, etc. are all setup properly upon startup of the device.
Johnny242
pm Member

Postby Johan » Jul 24, 2008 @ 7:44am

Hello,

I sent you a PM

Sincerely
Johan
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Johnny242 » Jul 29, 2008 @ 11:51am

Hi Johan,
Did you receive my reply? I sent it by email

Thanks!
Johnny242
pm Member

Postby Johan » Jul 29, 2008 @ 8:29pm

Yes, received it. Was on travel since July 24 and the place I visited did not have Internet access. I just got back home.

Will get back to you ASAP.

Cheers
Johan
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions