This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

GapiDraw 4.0 Released!

GapiDraw 4.0 Released!

Postby Johan » Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:53pm

Develant Technologies today announced the immediate availability of <a href="http://www.gapidraw.com/">GapiDraw 4.0</a>, a major update to their highly popular Windows Mobile graphics platform GapiDraw! GapiDraw can be downloaded and purchased online at http://www.gapidraw.com

New features in GapiDraw 4.0 include:

DirectDraw support. GapiDraw will now use DirectDraw instead of GAPI or GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER to access the display on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices and later. Switching to DirectDraw means that GapiDraw applications can take advantage of hardware accelerated graphics and run in windowed mode, at the cost of slightly lower performance on devices without hardware acceleration.
Hardware-accelerated graphics. GapiDraw will now detect and use DirectDraw hardware acceleration on Windows Mobile devices if available. Functions supporting hardware accelerated graphics are marked in the documentation.
Windowed mode support. You can now run GapiDraw applications at high performance in windowed mode using DirectDraw on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices and later. In windowed mode you can take advantage of the SIP input panel to allow the user to enter text data.
Fullscreen toggle. You can now seamlessly switch between windowed mode and fullscreen mode on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices and later.
QuarterSize display. If you use the new display flag GDDISPLAY_QUARTERSIZE, GapiDraw will use a backbuffer that is half the width and half the height of the display, if either the width or the height of the display is greater than 320 pixels. This is a great option for developing and running mobile games on newer mobile devices with display resolutions of 800x480 pixels and more (in this particular example the backbuffer would be sized to 400x240 or 240x400 depending on display orientation).
GradientRect. GapiDraw 4.0 introduces an optimized gradient fill operation with support for opacity. GradientRect can draw top-to-bottom, bottom-to-top, left-to-right, and right-to-left, and prerenders the entire gradient in two directions for very fast performance.
Performance improvements. GapiDraw 4.0 adds StrongARM and XScale precaching (pre-reading four cache lines simultaneously) to BltFast and AlphaBltFast for important performance improvements. GapiDraw 4.0 also has improved performance on stationary PCs in windowed mode and much faster GDI surface locking.
Documentation improvements. All documentation was reviewed and much of it was rewritten. A new and easy to follow "Getting Started with GapiDraw" tutorial was added.
New advanced tutorial: Breakout. Learn how to use GapiDraw to create a complete mobile game using the easy to follow tutorial "Breakout". You will find Breakout in the samples folder.
Improved Visual Studio 2008 support. All samples now include ready to run projects for Visual Studio 2008 mobile and stationary environments.

Price Model

GapiDraw is sold as a royalty free, all-platforms, perpetual site license. This means that:

* There are no royalty fees for using GapiDraw.
* You can create and sell as many applications as you want.
* You can use the license for as long as you want.
* You only need one license per company.

The price for a GapiDraw binary license is $995
The price for a GapiDraw source code license is $3.495
The price for upgrading a binary license to source code license is $2.495

Users of GapiDraw 3.5 and later can upgrade to GapiDraw 4.0 for 50% of the current price of GapiDraw 4.0.

About GapiDraw

GapiDraw is the leading graphics platform for Windows Mobile devices and has been used in hundreds of commercial games and applications, including major titles such as EverQuest for the Pocket PC by Sony Online Entertainment and Return to Mysterious Island by TetraEdge. GapiDraw was awarded Best Graphic Library for Windows Mobile devices two years in a row by Pocket PC Magazine and has a strong developer community. GapiDraw is actively used in research, CAD/CAM, navigational tools, and hundreds of commercial games for mobile devices. GapiDraw is available for immediate download and purchase at http://www.gapidraw.com.

About Develant Technologies

Develant Technologies AB is one of the leading providers of graphics platforms for Windows Mobile devices. Develant’s graphics platform GapiDraw has since its introduction in 2002 become the standard platform to use when creating applications with high demands for advanced graphics on Windows Mobile devices.
Last edited by Johan on Apr 8, 2009 @ 11:37pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Bapdude » Oct 8, 2008 @ 2:40am

Congratulations on GapiDraw 4.0! The new feature set looks awesome. I love the new tutorial...very helpful and usable. I can't wait to give GP4.0 a try. :)
Bapdude
pm Member

Postby Bapdude » Oct 8, 2008 @ 6:43am

Johan,

I keep getting the following error message when I try to build the sample code in VS2008:

1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Linking...
1>fatal error C1047: The object or library file '.\Debug\myapplication.obj' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

I've tried cleaning and rebuilding the project, but I still get the error message.
Bapdude
pm Member

Postby Johan » Oct 8, 2008 @ 8:01am

[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Bapdude » Oct 11, 2008 @ 7:57am

Thanks Johan...that fixed my build problem.

However, I can run and quit the RELEASE version of the 'breakout' sample code without problems, but when I quit the DEBUG executable, I always get the following exception:

Unhandled exception at 0x102d31ea (msvcr90d.dll) in Breakout.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xcdcdcdc1.

Again, this is only for the DEBUG build.
Bapdude
pm Member

Postby Johan » Oct 11, 2008 @ 10:28pm

Thanks for the notice. The error is in the file "wavefile.h" which I borrowed from pocketpcdn and included with the Breakout tutorial. The file "wavefile.h" does not have any error checking so if the wave files cannot be found it causes an assertion.

* Update *

Ok, you can now either redownload GapiDraw 4.0 from the web, or you just redownload the updated wavefile.h from:
http://www.gapidraw.com/docs/gapidraw/source/wavefile.h

Sincerely
Johan
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby Bapdude » Oct 12, 2008 @ 11:11pm

Thanks Johan...that fixed it. I'm back in business. :)
Bapdude
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions