This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How can I run GapiDraw sample project on my WinCE device?

How can I run GapiDraw sample project on my WinCE device?

Postby Patrick Yoo » Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:52am

Hey
I'm having difficulties to run the sample program "Minimal" on my ARMV4I CPU device.
Here is my test circumstance.

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
GapiDraw 4.2 Evalution

My device
CPU: ARMV4I
O/S: Windows CE 5.0
Resolution: 480x272
Physical Memory: over 32MB

1. Install GAPI for HPC 4.03 on the device
2. Run GAPISetup and activate emulation mode
2. Open samples/win32/Minimal/vs2008-mobile
3. Set the solution platform as Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK (ARMV4I) and build
4. Copy "Minimal.exe" to the device

If I run the "Minimal.exe", the following message pops up.
Cannot find 'Minimal' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

So I looked up the import table and found that some additional dlls are needed to run "Minimal.exe" such as DDraw.dll, COREDLL.dll, ole32.dll, and aygshell.dll.
All dlls except aygshell.dll are in windows folder. So I downloaded some dummy aygshell.dll for WinCE and copied it to windows folder, but still getting the same result.

I think the sample program "GAPIDrawSimpleDemo.exe" of GAPI for HPC is just same as the sample program "Simple.exe" of GapiDraw sample.
And the emulation mode of "GAPIDrawSimpleDemo.exe" works fine on my device, but not "simple.exe".
As checking import tables of both GAPIDrawSimpleDemo.exe and simple.exe, I noticed that GAPIDrawSimpleDemo.exe imports only COREDLL.dll and imgdecmp.dll, but simple.exe imports above 4 dlls (DDraw.dll, COREDLL.dll, ole32.dll, and aygshell.dll).

My goal is just simply run the GAPI sample program on my device. Any advice will be appreciated.
Patrick Yoo
pm Member

Re: How can I run GapiDraw sample project on my WinCE device

Postby Johan » Jul 27, 2009 @ 8:39pm

Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Re: How can I run GapiDraw sample project on my WinCE device

Postby Patrick Yoo » Jul 28, 2009 @ 2:06am

Patrick Yoo
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions