This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Blitting DC text

Blitting DC text

Postby perrs » Sep 16, 2009 @ 8:55pm

I'm currently implementing a routine that can draw text using a device context. Because I need many different font sizes the bitmap font is not feasible.

So far things work great and I can copy the text on to a GapiSurface. I have one problem, however. When copying to the destination surface, I would like that it is only the text pixel and not the background pixels that are copied. In other words, I need a Blit function that can ignore pixels of a certain color (make them transparent) and copy the rest. I believe this is normally called alpha keying, or something similar.

How is this possible with GapiDraw?

Thanks in advance.

Per Rasmussen.
perrs
pm Member

Postby Birdiestyle » Sep 18, 2009 @ 10:07pm

Dont you just want to set the SetColorKey of the CGapiSurface you are drawing the font to to the transparent color... And then when copied to the final surface it will do just as you say(for 1 color).
A <a href="http://www.birdsoft.biz">bird</a> in the hand...
Birdiestyle
pm Member

Re: Blitting DC text

Postby Johan » Sep 19, 2009 @ 6:30am

Johan Sanneblad, M.Sc, Ph.D
GapiDraw Systems Architect
[]
Johan
pm Member

Postby perrs » Sep 21, 2009 @ 7:31pm

I actually realized this when I was browsing through the documentation again a few days ago. But thanks anyway for your answer. :-)

Currently I'm having a bit of problems because the background color kind of "shines through" when the font is anti-aliased. I am currently working on this. If you happen to have a good idea, please share.

Best regards,
Per Rasmussen.
perrs
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions