This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Online Pocket PC Stores

Online Pocket PC Stores

Postby Dan East » Dec 2, 2001 @ 9:09pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Re: Online Pocket PC Stores

Postby Moose or Chuck » Dec 2, 2001 @ 9:25pm

<br>Uhm, I know they ship products and take care of money transactions for web businesses, I'm not sure about downloadable software, but you can check.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Dec 2, 2001 @ 10:16pm

yeah, 20% is just plain ridiculous. I can't believe they actually get away with it. Anything above 5% is just plain ripping of the public and the developer, regardless how much exposure they think they are providing.<br><br>Imagine if ebay had followed that model. I doubt they would have been as successful as they are.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Dec 3, 2001 @ 11:23am

Speaking from the over-sees consumer point of view, these online shops are easy and safe to use.
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Dec 3, 2001 @ 11:45am

i know what you mean, i was trying to sell pocketquake on there a few weeks ago and damn was i getting ripped off...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 3, 2001 @ 5:25pm

something jacco said earlier about handangos gold program:<br><br>Handango's Gold program doesn't mean you can't sell through other publishers. They do require however that a demo version solely points to Handango. Since Handango is currently my best selling publisher, that's fine with me. <br><br>Other aspects of the Gold program: <br>- They take 40% instead of 30% <br>- You get listed on better positions than other software <br>- You get mentioned in their newsletter <br>- They place banners and other stuff, primarily on Microsoft affiliated sites. <br><br>.....<br><br>so while youre doing that, youre grabbing your ankles, but youre getting much more exposure than what youre getting now.  And you can continue to sell, and have your game posted, on all of the other sites at the same time.  you may be getting raped on the 20-40% on each site, if you do list your software; but thats a good 60-80% more money than what you are making right now, by not having it listed there and making zero sales.<br>
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Dec 3, 2001 @ 6:46pm

"They do require however that a demo version solely points to Handango."<br><br>What does that mean? Also, does that only pertain to the Gold Program?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Jaybot » Dec 3, 2001 @ 7:12pm

yes, that only pertains to the handango gold program, which i only mentioned, as it seems to be he best way to get exposure (as long as you are already getting robbed).<br><br>I believe that you can sell the full version on the other sites, but the link for the demo version on the other sites, has to be linked to the handango product page.  <br><br>Anyway, I think you should fire off an email over to Jacoo, as he has gained quite a bit of knowledge on this subject and he can help you out more than anyone else. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 3, 2001 @ 9:13pm

I think it applies anyway even without the gold program, but I may be wrong. It just means the demo ON HANDANGO should point to them.<br><br>What I do is make slightly different versions for each site, just changing the 'please register at whatever.com' text. This makes it really easy to track sales too, you know that a product registered at a site was probably downloaded from that site so you know how well each is doing for you.
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 3, 2001 @ 11:21pm

Thats actually a good idea, Simon. :)<br><br>So..... who is doing the best for you so far?<br><br>and how many different sites are you selling on?  <br><br>and namely, which ones?
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby simonjacobs » Dec 4, 2001 @ 5:16am

Using:<br><br>Handango<br>PocketGear<br>GameLoftPocket<br><br>and sales are best on Handango and second is PocketGear.<br><br>Obviously its worth listing on all the free listing sites possible, and getting all the news coverage you can, but I would advise sticking to the 'big' reseller sites to avoid hassle. For instance, getting sales reports in different formats.
simonjacobs
pm Insider

Postby x » Apr 11, 2003 @ 3:38am

x

Here's a suggestion...

Postby HughNano » Aug 10, 2003 @ 7:49pm

HughNano

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions