This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

DEXplor 1.0 and Plugins Released!

Re: DEXplor 1.0 and Plugins Released!

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Nov 30, 2001 @ 8:37am

Dan, I finally managed the time to install and test DEXplor. You have a REALLY good app here. Beats the default explorer hands down.<br>I've got two questions. Will you make a patch or something so that it will be compatible with PPC2002 (or is it already compatible)? And is registrating (buying) the only way to remove the "unregisterd" message at start up?<br>(lame question, I know)
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Nov 30, 2001 @ 9:12am

hmm.. i should try it out too.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Nov 30, 2001 @ 9:20am

Really cool. Just like Windows Explorer. The multi icon in the bottom (so that you can select multiple files) was a streak of genious. Dan, I think you got a new customer. :)
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Nov 30, 2001 @ 10:45am

Thanks Luc! It supports and has been tested on Pocket PC 2002.<br>Yes, registration removes the startup message, as well as enabling plugins, and the additional features found on the Settings screen (File Association Editor, etc).<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Dec 1, 2001 @ 5:08pm

Dan, please do NOT create a 3 way multi button. Maybe you should add an option in the drop down menu of a folder to "Select all files" within that folder. That would be a very useful way of acheiving the same thing, without confusing buttons.<br>As I've said since my first beta of DEXplor, AMAZING app! And it only costs 13.95$ for ZIP plugins, registry editing, and file searching!<br>My peeve is, whenver I want to look at a picture I find through DEXplor I tap it and it opens this little GIF file in Photogenics after a 20 second load period for Photogenics. Maybe you could add an "Image Thumbnail" plugin that shows a small thumbnail of the image in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, kind of like WinME and WinXP's thumbnail folder views. AHH! Different folder views, that should be supported too, I guess, I don't know I'd always use the original view anyway...<br>Ya! An image viewer plugin! Then I wouldn't need PocketQuickView or some album program!
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Dec 2, 2001 @ 1:21am

DEXplor now literally takes the place of the onboard "file explorer" meaning that I deleted the shortcut to file explorer and replaced it with DEXplor, great program.<br><br>BTW, I might add I did that all in DEXplor.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Randy Bjorensen » Dec 4, 2001 @ 9:00pm

Dan, I would like to know the size of an entire folder (i.e. all files in a folder including subfolders) but I havn't figured out how to do it with DEX-plor.  I figured I could just tap and hold on the folder and I could select properties to get the full folder size, but it's not there.  Is this feature available somehow?  If not, please put on your list for future updates.  Thanks.  Very satisfied customer.  Great program!
Randy Bjorensen

Postby Dan East » Dec 4, 2001 @ 9:46pm

Thanks for your suggestion! I've had that recommended a few times now. Unfortunately that was one of the long list of features that didn't make into the initial release. I will be incorporating that capability very soon.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Alastair Scott » Dec 10, 2001 @ 10:07am

As a registered user the thumbs-up is deserved :)<br><br>Three suggestions:<br><br>(i) As said elsewhere, a 'Select All' would be useful.<br><br>(ii) Send ... to Viewer (right mouse button) is, I think, a worthwhile suggestion.<br><br>A serious weakness of PPC2002 is that a file can't be easily viewed in raw format; either it is associated with an application, and is viewed there, or it is not and cannot be viewed with anything ('no program is associated with this file'). A simple text/hex viewer, and the ability to 'send' a file to it, would be a lifesaver.
Alastair Scott

Postby Dan East » Dec 10, 2001 @ 10:26am

Thanks for your suggestion! DEXplor already contains a hex-editor which is used by the Registry Editor. So it would be straightforward to utilize it for viewing binary files. I will look into that.<br><br>As an update, I have already incorporated some of the most-requested features, such as reporting the size of a directory's contents. This will be part of DEXplor 1.1, which will be released within the next couple weeks.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby User » Dec 12, 2001 @ 9:11pm

will there be network resource support in the future?
User

Postby Dan East » Dec 13, 2001 @ 12:52am

Yes, I'm certainly pursing network support, although I can't provide a good estimate of when that implementation will be complete.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Matt Keys » Dec 13, 2001 @ 4:25pm

Dan, perhaps we should lock this thread so that your users make multiple shorter threads instead of one long thread? Up to you.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » Dec 13, 2001 @ 6:11pm

Good idea.<br><br>If you would like to post a comment or suggestion about DEXplor, then simply start a new thread!<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Previous

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions