This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

DEXplor 1.0 and Plugins Released!

DEXplor 1.0 and Plugins Released!

Postby Dan East » Nov 25, 2001 @ 7:37pm

Here's the new website: http://dex-plor.com<br><br>PLEASE report any broken links or any other problems with the website!<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Re: DEXplor 1.0 and Plugins Released!

Postby Matt Keys » Nov 25, 2001 @ 7:55pm

Dan,<br><br>Just thought I would mention, thats a great looking website.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » Nov 25, 2001 @ 8:03pm

Thanks! I have no idea what I'm doing graphically, so at least it ended up somewhat unique. :)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Luciano U. Werner » Nov 25, 2001 @ 10:42pm

Hey Dan, is it me or you can't dl it? There's no trial or demo version?
Celerius quam asparagi cocuntur
Luciano U. Werner
pm Insider

Postby James » Nov 25, 2001 @ 11:08pm

Dan,<br><br>What about network exploring? Possible? Future plugin?<br><br>James
James
pm Member

Postby randall » Nov 25, 2001 @ 11:57pm

Yes, I agree network exploring would be HOT plugin to have. However, you can vote for the next possible plugin:
randall
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Nov 25, 2001 @ 11:58pm

Hey dan that program looks good. I never used any explorer besides the one that comes with the ppc os, but yours looks like it majorly kicks the built in explorers ass. I have a couple questions though. Number one i am unclear on this but how much does the zip plug in cost and what algorithim is it like gzip? Also does the program have a FREE sdk to write your own plug ins?
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Nov 26, 2001 @ 12:26am

Luc:<br>DEXplor is shareware, so you can download and use DEXplor without registering it. You can't use the plugins (Zip, RegEdit and FileSearch) until it is registered.<br><br>James:<br>I am considering adding support for shared Network Folders. At this stage I want to see what is in demand most so I know what to attempt first, hence the plugin vote.<br><br>Robert:<br>The Zip Plugin is included in the $13.95 DEXplor registration cost. That is all you pay for all DEXplor components available now. <br><br>The Zip Plugin provides full .ZIP support. You can create and / or modify existing ZIP files. It also has .GZ (gzip) support. So it does both.<br><br>At this early stage there is no SDK for 3rd parties to create plugins. The plugin system is very advanced, and is still evolving. DEXplor already supports 4 distinct types of plugins, and I have 2 more categories yet to add. Once the specification stabilizes I will most likely release an SDK.<br><br>Thanks for your interest everyone!<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Nov 26, 2001 @ 12:28am

Luc, are you having trouble finding where to download DEXplor? If so go to the url at the top of this thread and click Download as found at the top of the page in the toolbar.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Jaybot » Nov 26, 2001 @ 12:48am

congrats dan, dexplor is now officially the best file explorer available for the ppc.  i hope it sells extremely well. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Nov 26, 2001 @ 1:32am

Ive been using this program for a while and it looks great. There is only two problems i can see with, First one is not a problem since most programs dont do it but it kind of ticks me off, how about when it installs it makes a shortcut to DEXPlor in the ipaq's utils menu and where ever it needs to for a casio. Also at least on my ipaq your yellow bar to replace the windows caption bar disappears. Also when you press multi you should be able to drag the stylus down to select multiple files not just tap each one indavidualy. But other than that it it works fine and looks great, i have found a nice file explorer replacement :). You can excpect me to buy this like tommrow! :):):)
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Nov 26, 2001 @ 1:55am

Okay, so you're saying it should create a shortcut in the the iPaq's QMenu thing as well as the usual shortcut in Programs?<br><br>That yellow-ish bar is a splash screen. I wanted a splash screen like Big-Windows programs, but I didn't want something so intrusive in the middle of the screen. So I stuck it over the taskbar, because I assume that if you just started DEXplor, you aren't going to need to immediately switch to another app. You can also tap on the splash screen to make it go away immediately.<br><br>File selection will be enhanced in the very near future. I've discussed the ability to drag to select multiple files with some of my beta testers. The "problem" is that DEXplor allows you to drag multiple files at one time, so it would have no way of knowing if you wanted to drag files, or select them. I may add a tri-state Mult button to allow that type of selection, in addition to the existing tap-toggle mode. I also will add a Context menu option to select all, deselect all, select siblings, etc.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby RwGast » Nov 26, 2001 @ 2:05am

Holy crap Dan i never new that the programs thing is where everyone installed the shortcuts to, i thought it was the same as ALL int the qmenu. And that is cool idea for a splash screen. As for the file selection when u update it will the consumer be able to d/l the patch or new version for free?
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Nov 26, 2001 @ 2:22am

Right. I'm planning on all upgrades being free. If I release a completely new plugin (such as FTP, etc), then perhaps it will be sold individually for a few bucks. But upgrades to the core DEXplor explorer will be free for registered users for as far as I foresee.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Boogaloo_Shrimp » Nov 26, 2001 @ 4:52pm

Right click save as saves the file as .swf, i had to manually change it to .cab<br><br>I guess that flash plugin is changing it. Is it possible you can zip up the files instead of only providing the .cab?
Boogaloo_Shrimp
pm Member

Next

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions