This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Dexplore, storage card

Dexplore, storage card

Postby Masterhaides » Jan 1, 2002 @ 1:05am

eh, i downloaded your dexplor today and found that it cannot be used on the storage card (that's what it said, i haven't tried).. what are the ramifications of this if i was to install to the storage card.. and is this going to be fixed in the next release?
Masterhaides

Re: Dexplore, storage card

Postby Dan East » Jan 1, 2002 @ 4:48am

The problem has nothing to do with DEXplor itself, but is soley a result of the Windows CE installer. When the user elects to install an application to the storage card, any target directories specified by the programmer are ignored. This is normally not a problem, because most apps have a single installer, and do not integrate with seperate components handled by multiple installers. With the registered version of DEXplor there are several different components installed seperately (the plugins and registration key), and I cannot get them to all end up together in the same directory structure via the installer.<br><br>It is certainly possible to manually move all the DEXplor components to the storage card, but I have to provide you with the instructions.<br><br>This only affects the registered version of DEXplor (since the unregistered version can't use plugins in the first place, it doesn't matter that DEXplor can't find them).<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions