This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Please, Help!

Please, Help!

Postby kutsurogu » Dec 16, 2002 @ 4:06pm

Hi,

I kinda posted this in another thread but didn't really want to hijack it, so I'm reposting it here.
If someone could help it would be excellent, I'm so eager to continue the programming.

----

I am just starting out and the documentation is, well, almost laughable. I've managed to get a 2-logo splash screen appear but then my programs crash due to Ini errors. Indeed, while I can compile all the projects, CaveRunner doesn't work - as soon as it starts up it complains like so :

Assertion Failed
Expression : i != m_IniFile.end()
In File : C:\Overloaded\Dev Kit\Overloaded\DLL\Source\IniFileImpl.cpp
At line : 141
Abort, Retry, Ignore

Arrgh! It's really annoying me that even one of the samples doesn't work (Minimal and Parallax work, though, and as mentioned before, my app displays 2 splash screens then tries to go to the menu and displays the same error as above). I can't compile it at all under EVC++, only under VC++6 (this is because I need a pocket version of the STL, but Jaap's article linked in a previous post doesn't seem to be there any more, did anyone save it? I'd really, really like a copy of it).

Although I think the Overloaded idea is fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for, I can't help but feel that it's quite slapdash. Updates are made and examples aren't changed to reflect these, nor is the documentation. And it took some digging around to be able to display 2 splash screens instead of one.

So, I guess you could say, this is a plea : please help us newbies! I know it's all been pretty hectic around there but there are so many fundemental things you need to tell us about : how the login stuff works, what sort of things GPRS is capable of, the ins and outs of the INI files...

Cheers,
--Ed
--Kutsurogu Games
kutsurogu
pm Member

Postby Phantom » Dec 17, 2002 @ 5:13pm

Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby kutsurogu » Dec 18, 2002 @ 6:41pm

kutsurogu
pm Member

Return to Phantom's Forum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss any of Phantom's projects here (Operation Nutcracker, etc.)

Moderators:

sponge, RICoder, Phantom

Forum permissions